Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2008 10:56:30 AM EDT
These are the new 30 MB/s cards, not the older 20 MB/s card.  I picked a pair up from a local dealer offering the rebate (Allen's Cameras) but the rebate is available elsewhere, including online from vendors such as Beach Camera who has the cards for $179 each with free shipping. The promotion on this rebate is through June 29, 2008.

$90 for 1 card, $200 for two card, $300 for three, for the 16 GB Extreme III. Different rebates are available on other Sandisk Extreme memory cards.

977 shots in RAW with my 5D
over 1200 shots in RAW with the 40D
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I'm going to need a bigger Hard Drive...
Link Posted: 5/13/2008 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard some people having trouble getting the rebates from Sandisk.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a rebate but a visa check card and you can only use it at the place you purchased the 16 gig card from.

I'll pass.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not a rebate but a visa check card and you can only use it at the place you purchased the 16 gig card from.

I'll pass.  

Read the bottom of the rebate form. A prepaid VISA Prepaid Card is the rebate vehicle if you pick that option.

Yep.  The pdf file with the rebate forms has two pages.  One gives you a gift card for teh vendor and the other gives a prepaid Visa card.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice!

I've stuck with 4GB cards because one card equals one backup DVD, I like to back up my stuff right away, and I do need another card.

I have done the same thing (though I still have a bunch of 2GB card as well). Also, the thought of a 16GB card failing in the middle of a shoot (or near the end) makes me shiver
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
CC also had 4GB Sandisk Extreme III cards for $39.99 without a rebate.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd rather have more little cards than one or two big cards.  I don't want to have all my photos "in one basket" so to speak.

-Mark.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather have more little cards than one or two big cards.  I don't want to have all my photos "in one basket" so to speak.

-Mark.

Agreed.  Plus since my Mark III has 2 card slots, I can have 2 8GB cards in there an not have to worry about replacing cards when the first fills up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

Agreed.  Plus since my Mark III has 2 card slots, I can have 2 8GB cards in there an not have to worry about replacing cards when the first fills up.

I hate you.

-Mark.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I am just going to pass.......here is something to step off the high speed/size bandwagon and be conservative on.I use 512 or 1GB cards tops.Rather have the pics on a card with a change to another than lose all maybe priceless shots sometime off  the card if it takes a shit (Which Has Hapened)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've heard some people having trouble getting the rebates from Sandisk.

My rebate took 10 weeks when i took advantage of their christmas sale.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

I hate you.

-Mark.

Damnz  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

I hate you.

-Mark.

I hate him too.

Roadtrip?!

We'll stop in Ohio for Whitecastles.

As soon as I get from the Enterprise Machinegun shoot, (are you going?) I'll get ahold of ya.  We'll go pay a visit.  I like Whitecastles.

-Mark.

After thought:  If we use the money that we would spend on fuel to get to PA, we could probably buy a Mark III.  Hummmm...  

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

I hate you.

-Mark.

I hate him too.

Roadtrip?!

We'll stop in Ohio for Whitecastles.

Just for that, I hope the Pens beat the Wings!!!!!

Well actually I really hope they do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top