Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 5:52:27 AM EDT
I am fairly new to photography and I am wanting to get into wildlife photography as a hobby.  I felt very fortunate to get this picture this weekend but I didn't like how far away the deer are.  Is there a way that I can zoom in on the picture without losing the clarity or do I just need to get a better zoom?  Thank you for the help.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really much you can do after the fact. Digital zoom will just further pixelate the image.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like it does on TV. You can enlarge the image but you won't get any extra detail.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like it does on TV. You can enlarge the image but you won't get any extra detail.

-Foxxz

WHAT!?!??!?!   Maybe it only works on MACs?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Foxxz, I love your avatar. What a cute whittle bunny wabbit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#5]
heres a nifty buck shot from ~40 feet away with a 200 on a 1.6 imager

heres 100 percent of the resolution at 72 dpi
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
just like no substitue for cubic inches in the engine game..

...there is no substitute for optical zoom on the camera
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top