Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 6:26:24 AM EDT
Can anyone suggest some tutorials or books to learn how to use the pen tool in Photoshop or Illustrator?

I just can't seem to figure it out, and I'm a pretty advanced user. (PS, but not Illustrator)

thx
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming you are using it to make a selection.

The key to using the pen tool is to click and hold with your mouse.  You can bend the path by moving the mouse up/down/left/right to fit the shape of your selection, while the button on the mouse is depressed.  Once you have the path bent as needed, hold the Alt key and click on the last anchor point to clear the last angle chosen and start again.  The key is knowing how far apart to make your anchor points.  With a bit of practice you'll find it really isn't that hard.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try this video tutorial... www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDrtyNmp3A4

that was pretty good....thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top