Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 11:49:59 AM EDT
Imageshack, who I currently use, will only host photos smaller that 1,024 KB or just over 1 MB.  Anyone on the web host pics bigger than this?  Up to say, 10 MB?  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Imageshack, who I currently use, will only host photos smaller that 1,024 KB or just over 1 MB.  Anyone on the web host pics bigger than this?  Up to say, 10 MB?  

Sure, just depends how much you want to pay for reliable hosting.  Most any place that provides basic hosting can hook you up.... 1gb of data + so much xfer per month for $7 etc...google can find you a bunch.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I should have asked for recommendations of FREE photo hosting sites.  If I have to pay for it, I guess I will.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#3]
putfile.com
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I said screw it and pay for my photobucket account
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I said screw it and pay for my photobucket account

You only get 1MB with photobucket.  

You should look into your own website.  I've got mine from dreamhost.com for $10/yr when they had their special.  It's mainly for pictures but there's no limit cause it's mine.

You can use free photogallery software and upload it to the site.  Easy and cheap.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:56:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Take a look at smugmug.com  I am using their pro account and I am very pleased with them.

smugmug.com/price/

The best feature of smugmug is the support that you get.

They will take files up to 16mb for pro accounts.  I am not sure about the standard and power user.

If you like what you see, let me know and I can send you a discount code.

One thing to look into is the file size.  If you are using photoshop or one of the other editors, use quality 10 to reduce the file size.  I hear that the difference between 10 and 12 is very minimal but will reduce the file size a great deal.  The photo may coms off the camera at 8 but if you open it in photoshop the file size will go up unless you recompress it.

I have customized my site a bit (a pro and power user feature) but you can see the general layout here:  my site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top