Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:24 AM EDT
Looking for a recomnedation - want something small and longer battery life.  Will be taking this to Iraq.

TIA

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I sort of like this casio - anyone have experience with it?

http://www.casio.com/products/Cameras/Exilim_Card/EX-S600EO/content/Technical_Specs/
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a Fujo F10. W/ a 512 memory card and case it ran about $330 delivered. The battery is supposed to hold up for something like 500 shots & the pictures are kick-ass. It's about the size of a disposable. One cool thing about the F10 is it's high ISO ability which stands out in dark environments. One of the more advanced camera guys here can probably tell you more about that though.

I used several reviews on diff cameras to make my choice, these two were very helpful:

www.dcresource.com/reviews/fuji/finepix_f10-review/

steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/fuji_f10.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Try searching www.dpreview.com.
misc
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try searching www.dpreview.com.
misc

yup...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Kodak V530   www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/19/31/7113&pq-locale=en_US

Cost me $250 at Walmart.
Size of a pack of cigarettes - optical zoom - 5 megapixels ( takes short videos also)
Really Feature loaded.

approx. 120 pictures per charge (comes with charger).

ONLY downside is the flash is really limited to closeup distances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top