Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 7:09:38 AM EDT
The Hosptial will purchase a Digital Camera for me as part of my Continuing Education Reimbursement...

About $200 left in it, so need to keep it under that.

I have a pair of Canon Digital Elphs (S100 & 110), so I have some Compact Flash Cards.  I also am hoping to get a Digital Rebel later on (also takes CF cards).  

The ideal Camera:

Quick Response (big complaint on the Canons is the time to start and between shots).
Easy to Use (my wife will likely use it some, and she is definitely 'point and shoot').
CompactFlash card is ideal but not mandatory.

Any thoughts?

AFARR

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you can find a cheap Canon A95 perhaps.

Autofocus seems to be part of the lag factor in taking pics with compact digitals, so look up SNAP mode and you can set that on the a80/a95 for faster response times.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a Canon S110 and used it for 2 years or 3 I think. Now I kinda graduated to the Rebel XT. My wife knows now how to use the XT. Basically I told her to dial the knob and set it to the "green square." Then whenever we use the camera, I just show her what the other buttons do.

For $200, I don't know what to get. Maybe another Canon. Try if you can get the Canon G1, G2 older generation digital camera.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top