Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 3:15:26 PM EDT
I have a NEC 535 cell phone. I bought the USB cable and uploaded the driver, but everytime I connect  the phone to the computer, it prompts me to install driver!

I have installed the drive three times now with no luck; Windows XP senses new hardware and initiates a new search for driver every time I plug in the phone.

Anybody have any ideas about what I am doing wrong?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have Snap-sync for my phone (Sanyo) and it used to do the same thing. I went to their website and downloaded some updated drivers and it works fine now. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have Bluetooth on the phone, try that, my Nokia 6230i hates cables but will link to anything with bluetooth!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you try installing the driver and rebooting the computer, before you you attempted to connect to the phone?

Sometimes computers are screwy like that...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
i had this prob with my Motorolla Razr V3.  i finally got it workign without a hitch by getting my Windows XP to SP2 then doing a find new hardware to find the v3 then sent it to the USB drivers for the phone then all worked perfectly hope this helps
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
+1

If you havent, XP SP2 is a must...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Did you try installing the driver and rebooting the computer, before you you attempted to connect to the phone?

Sometimes computers are screwy like that...

Yes. Everytime I clicked "finish" it started searching for the driver all over again.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i had this prob with my Motorolla Razr V3.  i finally got it workign without a hitch by getting my Windows XP to SP2 then doing a find new hardware to find the v3 then sent it to the USB drivers for the phone then all worked perfectly hope this helps

I am running Windows XP. What is "SP2"
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#8]
This link might prove useful!

I am going to assume that you are running a genuine copy of XP...... Service Pack 2 don't like hacked copies and seems to be a pretty essential update these days.

If you go:

Start > Control Panel > System.....

......... You should be able to see if you have Service Pack 2 installed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This link might prove useful!

I am going to assume that you are running a genuine copy of XP...... Service Pack 2 don't like hacked copies and seems to be a pretty essential update these days.

If you go:

Start > Control Panel > System.....

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/bunnyassassin/f048921c.jpg

......... You should be able to see if you have Service Pack 2 installed.

I have Service Pack 2. Now, what do I do with it in regards to downloading pics from my cell phone?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Service Pack 2 ironed out quite a few bugs that have been springing up since people started trying to connect their phones to their PC's......... It was a useful upgrade, that is all!

What programme are you trying to access the phone with?  Where did you get the driver from?

NEC offer some Tools on their website.  have you tried any of these?

I am not familiar with the 535 (looks kinda coool though) but would suggest that it may be a driver conflict?  When i upgraded my Ericcson K750i to the 6230i all hell was let loose on my PC!  Had to uninstall everything to do with the former in order for my PC to recognise the latter.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top