Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2005 3:50:54 PM EDT
Well took the hawk flying again and trainging him to hunt and kill rabbits.  At this time we are having to buy rabbits and train him this way due to the lack of free land down in SoFLA.  But anyway just wanted to share some more pics.  

Hope you like!

Link Posted: 11/13/2005 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
cool!  
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#2]
wow.  great pics.
Link Posted: 11/13/2005 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s pretty neat.

Great pictures.

What’s in the spray bottle? Disinfectant?

What got you into the hobby?
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The spray bottle is just water to wash the bird down.  Got in to the sport by working with birds here at a local bird of pray zoo.  IT is a ton of fun but it is like having a special needs child most of the time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you a master or apprentice?
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Those birds should be banned from CIVILIAN USE!

I once saw a hawk take out a small jack rabbit in the dirt field behind my work.  It was crazy cool.  I stopped my truck and watched the kill!  The weird thing is that other rabbits would run up and approach the hawk and the dying rabbit!

w00t!
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna tell the libs you have a deadly weapon!!

Just you wait until they ban hawks, then only the criminals will have hawks and we will be a safer country. There will no longer be any senseless mass murders from the unlicensed use of hawks, there will be no more innocent victims of hawk violence.

We need to enact legislation to ban hawks to save our children!

Please send you dontations to:

Hawk Control, Inc.
c/o Brady Hawk Initiave
in assn. with: HawkOn.org

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Very cool!

How hard is it to train hawks to hunt for you?  DO you need to get them when they're young or will the adult birds take to training well?
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Any hack can kill rabbits.  I want to see your bird rip the underwear off some hot chick.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Great pix, vedubin01, and a beautiful raptor

I went Hawking for rabbits with a guy here (actually we went near Plant City Fla)

His is a Harris Hawk, more commonly known for hunting in social packs

a couple of photos ( I have others, but only these in photobucket)

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Any hack can kill rabbits.  I want to see your bird rip the underwear off some hot chick.

LMFAO!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top