Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:18:57 AM EDT
I found this pic from a training run of the 104th Fighter Wing. That's one cool looking shot and a somewhat crazy pilot. The debris is at the same altitude as his plane! Yeeeeehhhhaaaaaawwww!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
that is called telephoto compression.  the plane is nowhere near the flames... same altitude yes.. but the a-10 is out in front... and yes..that is a cool photo.  A-10's OWN!!!11!

here is an example I took.. the wakeboarder is 70ft behind the boat, and the person in the water infront of the boat is about 70-100yds away.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#2]
pic not working...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That is fascinating. This is an effect that is equally discernible with the naked eye I presume?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That is fascinating. This is an effect that is equally discernible with the naked eye I presume?

With just one eye maybe....

Stereoscopic processing of a view allows you depth perception, which a single-view image would lack.  The zoom effect is used with movies frequently as well to make dangerous shots look more realistic/scary/whatever.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top