Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 10:55:10 PM EDT
Does anyone or has anyone taken 35mm film to Walmart or Walgreens for processing?  I found some film in the back of a drawer I want to develop.  It's been in the plastic container all this time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone or has anyone taken 35mm film to Walmart or Walgreens for processing?  I found some film in the back of a drawer I want to develop.  It's been in the plastic container all this time.
View Quote
How long is "all this time"?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#2]
AFIK, Walgreens will take your 35mm film and hold it until the weekly route driver comes by and gets it. Prints will come back the following week. Walmart and Walgreens have gutted there in store processing due to falloff in picture printing demand. 35mm is nearly dead, a few pros still use it. people with good quality home printers, like Canon can print their own.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's Kodachrome you are OUT OF LUCK.  The very last batch to be processed, and consuming the last stock of specific processing chemicals, was in 2010.

For most other film types, it's possible.

But don't trust your film to your local walgreens or cvs or whatever for processing.

Send it directly to The Darkroom (www.thedarkroom.com) for processing.  They've been doing it for 40 years now.  They know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's Kodachrome you are OUT OF LUCK.  The very last batch to be processed, and consuming the last stock of specific processing chemicals, was in 2010.

For most other film types, it's possible.

But don't trust your film to your local walgreens or cvs or whatever for processing.

Send it directly to The Darkroom (www.thedarkroom.com) for processing.  They've been doing it for 40 years now.  They know what they're doing.
View Quote
quoted for truth! The Darkroom is awesome!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Concerning “the darkroom.com”:

I have several vhs tapes (want converted to dvd) many and old 35 mm photos of the wife when we were younger. Will they process stuff with female nudity?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top