Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2018 10:58:40 AM EDT
So I'm gonna be taking a trip soon (and for future use it'll be nice to have) and am searching for a camera bag that's suitable for that environment. For this trip I'm bring the bare minimum which would be a 24-70 and possibly renting a UWA. However, I use a pro body so that sometimes causes issues. I currently use an F-stop Ajna, which is much to large for me to be carrying around a busy city not to mention it's bright orange.

I'm looking at F-Stops Dalston right now, also considering the purchase of a smaller ICU and just throwing it into my regular backpack which doesn't have much room to begin with. I honestly only care about making sure the glass is safe.

Nevertheless, what's everyone else using?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nowadays, for me, anything that DOESN'T look like a camera bag.  Last time I was in The City, I just used a generic-looking padded backpack and a few towels for extra padding.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
ThinkTank has a line of shoulder bags that might fit the bill.  Maybe something like the Retrospective series.

Not cheap, but very well made.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ThinkTank has a line of shoulder bags that might fit the bill.  Maybe something like the Retrospective series.

Not cheap, but very well made.
View Quote
The Retrospective series is getting or just got a redesign btw.  That said, while my Retrospective 40 could hold the Nikon Holy trinity very easily, it still wouldn’t easily hold a gripped DSLR.

Personally my 99% of the time bag is a Think Tank / Mindshift (same company now) Photocross 13.  Weather resistant, looks like a sling pack, can hold a gripped camera, 2 lenses, and a bunch of misc stuff in a very small size.  Plus the zipper pulls are large enough to slip a cable lock through if needed.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Generic backpack and Tenba insert.

Tenba BYOB 10_D500_24-120 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Decided to just use my normal bag and get a small ICU.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top