Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2018 1:19:28 AM EDT
Just got back from my trip into the desert- sharing some pics with the hive:
Curious if you guys have pointers for landscape photography. I found that in a lot of cases, I'm struggling with showing the scale/depth of a landscape in a picture. If there's no clear foreground object or lines for me to use, I fall pretty flat. I took over 1700 pictures, and only found about 30~ or so that I actually liked...

More on imgur
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, those are incredible photos.  Needs better pic of your GF
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd luv to go to the Atacama...  with enough water .  Any old Saltpeter plants around?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd luv to go to the Atacama...  with enough water .  Any old Saltpeter plants around?
View Quote
If I were to do it again, and plan on backpacking, I would probably follow one of the springs/rivers (ie: creeks) that run through the area. Although I am slightly sketched out by the persistent water arsenic warnings I was getting, so I'm not sure you can purify that out. Maybe a weeks worth won't kill you though

Didn't see any saltpeter plants. Did see an abandoned geothermal station and abandoned sulfur mine though. I think mostly they just mine copper and tourists these days.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
gorgeous!
any stats on that first photo?

that is definitely on the list... *runs off to get a lottery ticket*
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gorgeous!
any stats on that first photo?

that is definitely on the list... *runs off to get a lottery ticket*
View Quote
Sony A6000, Rokinon 12mm F/2.0, 15s, ISO 3200. And a really lucky headlight from a car that illuminated the canyon without blowing out my shot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow.  Great photos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top