Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:12:51 PM EDT
Had a VERY rare night off work and made it to the 8th grade football game.  Took tons of pics with my newer D7500 and Tamron G2 70-200mm.   Very happy how my new stuff is working.   Is it possible to burn the 5.8gb of pics onto a disc?

This is straight out of my camera.   Jpeg pic.

Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:53:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not. Most image file types are already compressed.  JPEG for example is already compressed. You won't get them much smaller.

I'd suggest going through your pictures with a fine toothed comb and eliminate anything that is duplicated, not in focus, boring, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]
You can use Zip compression and I think even JPEGs will shrink considerably. Otherwise, consider just resizing or using a different image format to make the file sizes smaller. There are tools that can change all the files at once, like the old Microsoft Office’s Picture Manager.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Zip compression usually makes .jpg files get larger.  There is no compression left to squeeze out of a jpg and you have the overhead of the zip file.  You're not going to save any significant space on other file formats without a reduction in data, resolution and/or image quality.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
After walking away frum the computer for a bit, then returning and reviewing, was amazed how many "extra" pics I had.

I chopped away and ended up with 4 pretty decent pics.    ;)

Thanks for the suggestions.   Had lots of pics that were just not necessary or simply not that good.   Got a few keepers, tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top