Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2018 1:07:11 AM EDT
What have you guys discovered to be the best way to pack a tripod into the backcountry? Do you lash it horizontally across the bottom of a pack? Some kind of pouch to hold it vertically? I've improvised with some web straps but I would like a more secure method.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont own a tripod or this, but you just reminded me of this  maybe itll give you some ideas or something.
tri podery
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:44:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I just lash it somewhere on the outside of the pack or stow it horizontally under the lid of the pack - the tripod will be wider than the pack so it will protrude a bit on the sides.

I don't ever strap it to the bottom of the pack, though.  The tripod would be trashed in one outing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
What does your pack look like?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I just lash it vertically to the pack, making sure it's above the bottom.  I use the soft case it (they) came in (Manfrotto pods).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top