Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2018 8:35:16 PM EDT
Everything else is speedy; importing pics, applying presets to dozens of photos....

But holy shit using the adjustment brush there is so much lag.

My PC I use for gaming as well.  16gb ram, i5 4Ghz, GTX 970.  Photos are stored on a 1Tb external drive.  Photos are raw.

My cache is set for 10gb, I enabled hardware processing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I only use Lightroom for exposure, W/B, color and an occasional grad filter; anything beyond that I do in Photoshop.

Here's a bit from Adobe's support page:
Spot Removal tool, local corrections, and History panel

The Spot Removal Tool and Local Corrections Brush are not designed for hundreds to thousands of corrections. If your image contains many (hundreds) of localized adjustments, consider using a pixel-based editing application such as Photoshop for that level of correction.

If you have many corrections, check your History panel. The History panel has no limits, and it isn't deleted unless specified. If you've been creating many local or spot corrections, your history could be long, which can slow Lightroom's performance as a whole.

Clear the History panel by clicking the X on the right of the History panel header.

Order of Develop operations

The best order of Develop operations to increase performance is as follows:

1. Spot healing.
2. Geometry corrections, such as Lens Correction profiles and Manual corrections, including keystone corrections using the Vertical slider.
3. Global non-detail corrections, such as Exposure and White Balance. These corrections can also be done first if desired.
4. Local corrections, such as Gradient Filter and Adjustment Brush strokes.
5. Detail corrections, such as Noise Reduction and Sharpening.
Note: Performing spot healing first improves the accuracy of the spot healing, and ensures the boundaries of the healed areas match the spot location.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My C drive only has 20gig of 250gig free.  SSD.  I have Lightroom installed on that drive, but my catalog is on an external HDD using USB 3.0.

I'm going to free up space and see if that helps any.

Edit:  Freed up 65gigs, enabled smart previews while editing.  Works great now!
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My C drive only has 20gig of 250gig free.  SSD.  I have Lightroom installed on that drive, but my catalog is on an external HDD using USB 3.0.

I'm going to free up space and see if that helps any.

Edit:  Freed up 65gigs, enabled smart previews while editing.  Works great now!
View Quote
I was about to comment and suggest you clear up some space. I work the same as you with Lightroom on the HD and catalog on Ex HD and never have issues with anything being slow.

Glad you got it working work for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top