Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2018 12:55:34 PM EDT
I have a project starting soon on my property I would like to have a time lapse video of. I think I want three cameras. It would be nice to keep it under 100 FRNs per camera setup. The project will take about three to four days and I would prefer the batteries last the whole time.

The project will be expanding the small pond in the picture below and the dirt removed will be used to cover an exposed gas line and reinforce the dam of the larger pond.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a firmware hack called magic lantern I use on my T3i to use the interverlometer on it. Then I use Final Cut Pro to compress it into a video. Then I use the Free Audio Library on youtube for free music in the background. A steady tripod is a must. You may even want to sandbag the legs of the tripod for extra stability.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on the weather, you could hook up a gopro to a large battery and use it to timelapse the project.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done all-day timelapse with GoPro and the Garmin Virb.  Just get a great big USB battery and plug it in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's one I did a few years back.

used a 22400 Mah battery.  It will run a gopro a loooooong time.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies, I will probably try the go pro and one of the cheaper cameras.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This. You'll need to have the gopro mounted in a housing that allows USB port access, but that's a minor deal. The biggest concern with that is it reduces the weatherproofing.

Depending on the interval you're running the pictures at  (and with proper camera setup) you can get several days to weeks or more of capture time if your battery's big enough.
View Quote
My ghetto weatherproofing was to rig plastic bags and rubberband them around the GoPro , connections, cables, and battery pack.  Held up through a thunderstorm and a snowstorm.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top