Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:42:50 PM EDT
I cld never have gotten this type of pic with my Samsung S5 phone.   Nikon D7000 with Tamron 70-200 G2 2.8 lens.   Shot in manual with auto ISO.  Think my settings were around 3.2 aperture, 400 shutter, 6400 ISO, panning stabilation on.

My youngest picked up her Associates in Criminal Justice, Summa Cum Laude.   She had wanted to be State Police (one of my sisters is retired MSP), but I think her heart is pulling her in another direction.   This summer she is working as a counselor at a youth camp.   I think that is her calling.....working with kids.

She is undecided on going back for her Bachelors.   I think/hope she does once she figures out where she really wants to be.   She is such a kind, well mannered, and wicked smart kid.   I cldn't be more proud of her, and am sooooo glad I was able to get some nice pics of her in RAW and JPEG.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
THat smile says it all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.  DSLR's with the right glass, will always have better image quality than a cell phone.

Great captures.

-Mark.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to get a decent digital camera. I bought a better spotting scope, and its frustrating trying to take pictures through it. some work ok, but others wont come out at all.

this morning I was looking at Saturn, and could see it perfectly with my eyeball, but when I took a picture it went to hell. figure I can get a decent camera, and a adapter and do WAY better. I look at a lot of wild life, and it would be nice to get really good pics, not to mention when I'm looking at the sky. be nice to grab some nice pics of that as well.

picture with my phone.
Attachment Attached File

what I saw.
Attachment Attached File

some turn out ok. I took pics of these turkeys at about 600 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THat smile says it all.
View Quote
School work has always been pretty easy for her, and I'm thankful for that, but she is polite and well mannered.....I'm REALLY thankful of that.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
congrads op !  
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome and congrats!!!

I purchased a DSLR a little before the arrival of our first child and I think it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You need to hold onto that blue cupcake shot and show it to the young man on her first date.  Let him know what he's getting himself into!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I don’t think a cell phone could do this... This is a picture of Harris fishing a hunk of wood out of the lake. Shot with my D300 Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
On the other hand, sometimes potato-cams can take simply awesome shots.

BrightonRail by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On the other hand, sometimes potato-cams can take simply awesome shots.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7673/26880036805_e6916d7255_b.jpgBrightonRail by FredMan, on Flickr
View Quote
ok........u win.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ok........u win.

View Quote
I wish I could claim it, but the wife took it, after a long day of drinking those Brights in Curacao.  With her iphone 4.

Resolution issues aside, it's just about press-ready for a 4-color glossy magazine back cover ad.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I like nature

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]
" />

I laugh at everyone else's photos of their kid playing baseball on facebook.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/973/41066528575_ae4d2f99af_k.jpg" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/973/41066528575_ae4d2f99af_k.jpg

I laugh at everyone else's photos of their kid playing baseball on facebook.
View Quote
My pics have always been marginal at best, my skills suck, my gear in the past always pretty cheap, but I've always tried to get better.   Seems like the moar I learn about photography, the moar I am amazed by it.   But I really am gonna miss taking pics of my girls doing their thing.

Back when she was a sophmore, playing on the high school varsity team out in center field......I miss this stuff.   Am glad I got tons of pics of them.

Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My pics have always been marginal at best, my skills suck, my gear in the past always pretty cheap, but I've always tried to get better.   Seems like the moar I learn about photography, the moar I am amazed by it.   But I really am gonna miss taking pics of my girls doing their thing.

Back when she was a sophmore, playing on the high school varsity team out in center field......I miss this stuff.   Am glad I got tons of pics of them.

http://i.imgur.com/96OAsHg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1pSC7lr.jpg
View Quote
My oldest son is a senior this year and I have been the unofficial photographer for the band. I have thousands of photos from the Friday night games to the marching band competitions to drumline. I don't know what I will do with all my free time next year but I am sure one of my other kids will replace it with something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My oldest son is a senior this year and I have been the unofficial photographer for the band. I have thousands of photos from the Friday night games to the marching band competitions to drumline. I don't know what I will do with all my free time next year but I am sure one of my other kids will replace it with something.
View Quote
Hammbone: I too am a "band dad" at my local HS. The color guard and percussion(drummers) just came back from WGI competition in Dayton OH. My youngest son is about to  graduate, I did the Friday nite football game/field shows, and of course the parade and field tournaments on Saturdays.  I am using a Nikon D7100 & D5200 with a Tamron 16-300mm. And there is no way that you can get some of those long shots with a phone cam. The kids and parents were grateful for those long shots.

vmax84: I think your daughter should get her 4 year degree. Later on if wants to get that degree she will have to juggle family and job, and husband etc, get that degree now while she has no other distractions in her life. Just a little while longer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

School work has always been pretty easy for her, and I'm thankful for that, but she is polite and well mannered.....I'm REALLY thankful of that.

http://i.imgur.com/CV3JjL4.jpg
View Quote
Lots of hard-earned bling on that robe. Well done and congrats.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
You mean you didn't want a daughter who punishes her daddy by dating rappers??????    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top