Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2018 7:59:17 PM EDT
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought a medium format digital camera, a 645D.  I found one in excellent condition with only 3700 shutter actuations for $2350.00.

I'll be taking it up into the high country tomorrow to break it in.

I think I'm going to really love the images the CCD sensor captures.  I usually shoot base ISO since I mostly shoot landscapes.  My D600 and XT-1 will handle my high ISO and high speed shooting needs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Ooooh.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Aweosme!  Looking forward to seeing the results!
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I couldn't wait.  I had to take it out for a quick shot by the lake.

The detail is incredible.  Its a shame the web based images are SO much less than the real thing.

645D Test 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks great cant figure out how to get the full size from flickr.

Can  arfcom host the full size
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't upload a full size image, only 1200 pix wide.

I could upload a full size to dropbox and share the link here.  There will probably be some better photos tomorrow, this was just a quick snap.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the full size jpeg.  Keep in mind, this was a pretty dark scene, so I had to bump the shadows up quite a lot.  Because of this, there is a small amount of noise, but it is EXCELLENT compared to how much I adjusted the shadows.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffuwvg2og6538i3/_CFA8211-Edit.jpg?dl=0
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I posted these over in GD, but thought i should post them here too.

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:30 to ride up to Rocky Mountain National Park.  The road through the canyon is closed for flood repair, so I had to go the long way around.

Here are a few photos.  These web sized photos with the web color palate don't do medium format images justice.  You just can't see the detail or colors that I see on my calibrated screen.  It also wasn't the ideal day for photography as the skies were not interesting at all.  Its much better to have clouds or an almost overcast sky to get more interesting photos.

Anyway, here they are.

RMNP 645D 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 6 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 7 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 8 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

RMNP 645D 9 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn.  Impressive results either way
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice Shots! Want to talk about random too, I'm the guy with the big lens you talked to up at Rainbow Curve yesterday lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice Shots! Want to talk about random too, I'm the guy with the big lens you talked to up at Rainbow Curve yesterday lol
View Quote
Ha, that's crazy.  Got any shots to share?

Really is a small world.

On another forum I'm on, a British forum member shared a photo he took from the same spot I was in about an hour earlier.  He's in the states for a National Park tour.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top