Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 5:34:43 PM EDT
Looking at a cheap drone for my 8 year old. No way in hell I'm dropping over a hundred dollars on something that's going to get stuck up in a tree or slammed into the side of the house.
I'm looking at some of the knock offs from China. I've heard some ok things about Syma and several ads reference them being "headless". What the hell does that mean?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What is Headless Mode?

In simple terms, headless mode is basically a method implemented on a drone that allows pilots to give up worrying about orientation altogether.

The functioning of headless mode is pretty simple; the only pre-requisite is that before taking off, you’re required to position the drone in such a way that its front is your front.

Since yaw (rotation around it’s own axis; controlled by the left stick on a Mode 2 controller) anyway doesn’t have anything to do with orientation (left is left and right is right all the time, regardless of where your drone is pointing at), it is how the drone reacts to rudder (‘swaying’; controlled by the right stick on a Mode 2 controller) that changes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top