Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 10:38:22 PM EDT
As of right now, my Nikon 18-55 vr lens works fine, and I'm sure my Nikon 55-300 vr works fine.  My manual Opteka 1300 lens however is no longer recognized by the camera body.  It worked fine when I last used it a month or so ago.  

So I figure I'll try the old 2x magnifier that I've used before with both nikon lenses.  (It's an older unit my dad used on his Nikon 35mm SLR).  It no longer works either.  

Camera just tells me "no lens attached".

Anyone know what might have happened?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Dirty contacts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
The camera needs to be set to M for the manual lens, and probably the multiplier as well if it's older.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The camera needs to be set to M for the manual lens, and probably the multiplier as well if it's older.
View Quote
Holy crap... duh!  That was the problem.  I read that and thought, "well, better make sure".  I don't remember the last time I had it off manual mode, so I've gotten used to it just always being on M, and didn't even think to check it.  

Anyway, it was handled a bit today, but no pictures taken, and was rotated all the way around to auto (probably between auto and the next one)

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done it 3 or 4 times and each time it takes me a while to figure it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top