Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2014 7:38:54 AM EDT
Macro pic shot with Olympus XZ-2 point and shoot

Image taken in RAW, saved as low file size JPEG, and uploaded to photobucket

RAW file data says:  ISO 100, f/8, 1/30s, 6mm

I haven't made any edits to the picture, other than saving it.  I tried to get some closer, macro pics, but the wind was blowing too hard and the shutter speed couldn't get the right exposure without blurring.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Tripods are pretty much needed most of the time with macro photography.

1/30s shutter speed is too slow to handhold and keep your plane of focus stable, as well as to prevent blur due to camera movement.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a case of FPNI ! But to expand a bit if you'll run your ISO a bit higher that should help pull your shutter speeds up. Remember you can fix noise, you can't fix blur!

Tripod really helps, I've done hand held macro but with a dof measured in single digit mm's it's unsatisfing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top