Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2002 2:34:07 AM EDT
I want to take a picture and make the person appear ghost like thru smoke not a shopper and am needing to make up a pic in this configuration [:D] Thanks !
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to do this all the time with a 35mm camera. Your camera will have to be able to do a double exposure. Put the camera on a tripod. Have the person stand where you want him/her to be, take first shot at half the the required f-stop. Have him/her move out of the pic and take the next shot. The final picture will have the person transparent.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Photoshop has layer opacity that should make this fairly easy to do.

I'm not a PS expert by any means, but I'm sure this wouldn't be a big problem.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No it is not hard:

Just take the original pic:

[img]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/finger.jpg[/img]

Modify it for your purpose, personalize it really:

[img]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/finger1.jpg[/img]

Add a 'Ghost' layer in MS Paint.  ( Do this by opening a new MS Paint instance )

Draw a ghost:

[img]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/ghost2.jpg[/img]

Select the ghost image using the freehand select tool and copy it to the clipboard.  

Select the first image and past in the 'ghost'  (note: not Opaque)

Resize to fit.

[img]www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/images/photos/finger2.jpg[/img]

Voila!

Now if you want to get fancy and darken the eyes, no problem.  Use the paint brush., etc.

But that should be enough to get you started.

TRG

ps.  MS Paint is just as good as Photoshop, btw.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#5]
my faviorte is the starting pic MMM tastes like coclate  [:D] LOL
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#8]
How about this
[img]http://www.cs.uwf.edu/~rharper/ghost_soldier.jpg[/img]

Instructions:
1) copy whatever you want to be a ghost from layer 1 and delete the ghost from layer 1.
2) paste the ghost into layer 2
3) create a third layer and render clouds with whatever colors will get the effect you want.
4) go back to layer 1 and use a combination of the stamp tool and healing brush (PS7) to fill in the area that you took the ghost from. Don't worry about getting it perfect, the ghost will hide your screw ups.
5)go to layer 2 (the ghost) and bring the opacity down to a level you like.
6) go to filter and choose a blur that makes you happy and apply it to the ghost (layer 2)
7) on layer 2, add an outer glow to the ghost to give it a supernatural glow.
8) go to layer 3 (clouds) and adjust the opacity until you get the haze you want.

You might have to lock or make certain layers invisible as you do this in the order that I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top