Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:43:26 AM EDT
Shot a training video for a makeup company that specializes in products for HDTV.

Used a 5dmkii and Canon 7d for the video @1080p 24fps

.Had to go out and get the Canon 100mm L macro to get close enough on the B-camera. Thank god for Penn Camera and American Express!

Here is a still from the end of the shoot. Shot with the 5dmkii and the 24-105 F4.0 L IS USM.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
HD is not kind to the human face.

What exactly does their product offer over traditional makeup?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

HD is not kind to the human face.

What exactly does their product offer over traditional makeup?

Their base foundation gives a great starting layer that still maintains transparency. It let's the skin's character show through while still providing a base for color matching the rest of the skin.

Hard to describe unless you see it.

And with the Canon 100mm L f2.8 IS USM macro I just got, let me tell you I could see every pore!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#3]
You know the kind of industrial stuff I shoot.
The men are never made up and the women are wearing street makeup if anything.
We have enough problems with lip gloss, bad foundation and bald men as it is.

My big dialysis show has a female exec who heads up the "memorial" program for the company.
To put it politely, she has a face for radio.
When the tears start they want me in tight for the pathos.
This year it was mustache city in HD.

The stage manager, a little English broad, says out loud, "Oh My!" when it hits the big screen.
I'm whispering on com to engineering, "Take the skin detail down."
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The blond looks like she is uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And with the Canon 100mm L f2.8 IS USM macro I just got, let me tell you I could see every pore!

Man, I do so want that lens, everyone says it's about the sharpest lens in the lineup right now.

It IS tack sharp.

When I had the CU of the makeup application on the HD monitor, the director couldn't believe the detail he was seeing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top