Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2010 8:47:05 AM EDT
All this footage I shot during a little two week trip I went on up to the Pacific Northwest and Wyoming. There was some really beautiful country out there. The footage was shot using two 5D2s, not for 3D but just to double the amount of shots that could be taken at a given location. Hope you guys like it.

http://vimeo.com/13818621
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Great shots, would you mind if I forward it to a friend?
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Great shots, would you mind if I forward it to a friend?

Please share it with as many people as you think would enjoy watching it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
More great stuff!

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow! That is AMAZING!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice work! And a lot too!  How many frames per minute are you shooting to get this effect?  What program is used to build the "video" ?  And last but most importantly, just how much post time is involved in that video?
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Very well done.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice work! And a lot too!  How many frames per minute are you shooting to get this effect?  What program is used to build the "video" ?  And last but most importantly, just how much post time is involved in that video?

On a lot of the astro timelapse shots I'm getting about 4 frames per minute. I use After Effects to compile the frames together but you can use a lot of different programs to do the same thing. For a while I was using Lightroom and Final Cut Pro to put all the frames together. AE is a little bit better in some respects because it saves a step in the process. For each shot I do about 5-15 minutes messing with it and it takes about 30 minutes to render the video files.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
What were you using for a timer for the shots?

I can't find the way for it to take 4 shots every minute automatically
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What were you using for a timer for the shots?

I can't find the way for it to take 4 shots every minute automatically

For the higher up Canon DSLRs like the 40D and up, maybe even the 2Ti. There's a remote controller called the TC-80N3 and it works really nice. I've been using the same one for the past 4 years on the same battery. There are China knockoffs but I've heard of all kinds of problems from those ones. So if your going to get one I would get the Canon one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Very cool!

Was that last sequence in Oregon?
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very cool!

Was that last sequence in Oregon?

Yes, up near Crown Point on the Columbian River Gorge. That place is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#13]
How on earth did you pull off the second-to-last shot of the stars during the day!?!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

How on earth did you pull off the second-to-last shot of the stars during the day!?!

I am going to guess that was the moon, not the sun.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It was shot at night using moonlight. But because of the long exposures it looks like day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top