Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2010 6:52:36 AM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253935/Photographer-captures-amazing-images-lions-watering-hole-submerging-months.html

Wildlife photographer Greg du Toit was so determined to capture the perfect image of wild lions drinking he sat submerged in their watering hole for three months.

The defiant photographer had endured a year of failed attempts at getting the right picture after building hides and digging trenches near the animals' drinking spot.

In a final desperate effort, the 32-year-old decided to take the plunge and climb into the murky pool with his camera and ended up contracting several tropical diseases.

Quite the dedication, but he got some awesome photos out of it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253935/Photographer-captures-amazing-images-lions-watering-hole-submerging-months.html

Wildlife photographer Greg du Toit was so determined to capture the perfect image of wild lions drinking he sat submerged in their watering hole for three months.

The defiant photographer had endured a year of failed attempts at getting the right picture after building hides and digging trenches near the animals' drinking spot.

In a final desperate effort, the 32-year-old decided to take the plunge and climb into the murky pool with his camera and ended up contracting several tropical diseases.

Quite the dedication, but he got some awesome photos out of it.

Amazing shots... but dear lord... he's a human, we have brains. Couldn't he have figured out a way to make this ordeal SOMEWHAT less of a hardship on himself?

A drysuit maybe?

I guess he probably didn't plan to do this in advance, nor did he probably think it would take 3 weeks... but still.
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Too hot for a dry suit.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
great stuff. but maybe he could have thought about a tripod a couple of battery packs and a long range wireless remote.
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
He's lucky he didn't contract a croc, never mind parasites!
Link Posted: 4/5/2010 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A little more dedication than I have.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
radio controlled ROV camera boat FTW
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
With all the modern day technology we have... he jumps in a pool and contracts all kinds of the nasties? I don't know whether that is dedication or just stupidity, I'm leaning towards the latter though!
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Owen Wilson?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
We had a guy like that hear in my state a few years ago.  Getting right in the water with waders on.

Except instead of a watering hole, it was the "pit" of a restroom in a state park.

And instead of lions drinking, he was taping women going to the bathroom.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top