Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2009 11:16:07 AM EDT
What one for a 5 year old I don't know shit about these games.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Neither. Have him play outside.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That was a big help.

I vote WII for the kid.  Lots of little kid friendly games.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya Wii more kid oriented. Not many PS3 titles that would be good for a 5 year old.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ya Wii more kid oriented. Not many PS3 titles that would be good for a 5 year old.

Indeed. Wii has more "fun" stuff. PS3 has more "living in parents basement" oriented stuff.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed. Wii has more "fun" stuff. PS3 has more "living in parents basement" oriented stuff.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys Sometimes its to dam cold to play outside in Mn.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is a valid point. If it's too cold, wet, or dark to be outside, then at least the WII has the ability to keep kids active (sports games, etc.).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sometimes it's so cold in Mn that people forget to put the "N" on the end of damN, or use the correct "TOO"...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be funny, but it's certainly true.  

I have both.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Wii. Interactive games keeps the rug rats from growing into lumps that sit on the couch and get fat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Might be funny, but it's certainly true.  

I have both.

Heck, I'm not disagreeing with 87GN, I've just never heard it described that way. I can't tell you squat about HALO, COD, or any of the other games that seem to be discussed so much here.

Those games are probably very cool, but I just feel like I should be out doing something instead of playing a video game. The WII games, on the other hand, seem to allow for more active playing.

Having said that, I guess I'd better get off of ARFCOM for a while and go take care of some errands!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
My 5 year old LOVES his Wii.  He runs around the living room, jumping up and down, shaking the controllers around –– at least he's getting some exercise while he plays.

There are some grown-up games for it too, I have COD, but don't play it much.  I'm not much of a gamer anymore.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
my niece loves the mario kart on the wii with the wheel. i hardly ever play it anymore myself, but it keeps her occupied when she visits.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
my niece loves the mario kart on the wii with the wheel. i hardly ever play it anymore myself, but it keeps her occupied when she visits.

I play Mario Kart more than my kids. And I also have the PS3 so I can pretend to live in a basement. It's usually at  that time  that I post here.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I play Mario Kart more than my kids. And I also have the PS3 so I can pretend to live in a basement. It's usually at  that time  that I post here.

+1

You gotta get into the basement mindset to properly enjoy Arfcom.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#16]
For you, moreso than your kid: WII will have COD4 in 10 days - yes, 2 years too late, but playing a shooting game on the WII is 'different'...
Because you actually aim and shoot at the screen....

For the kid? Wii, hands down...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

get the wii

will be more fun for a 5 year old

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top