Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:03:14 PM EDT
Which do you recommend, and why?  I have played all the other COD games on the 360, but I have to wonder if I wouldn't do better on the PC (I don't have the twitch reflexes of a 18 year old, and dual thumbs is a challenge).  I have a new gaming PC rig and thought now might be the time to swap.  Thoughts?

Obviously, if you only have a PC or only have an Xbox, then responding here is not as relevant.

[incoming poll]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
PC  

It's a better platform for me.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
PC, no doubt about it
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I pre ordered for the x-box but may get it for the PC too if the muti-player is cool.

This how it works out for me

x-box = kickback and chill  + I cant play FPS worth shit online with a console it don't feel right and I get my ass handed to me

PC = FPS shooters online

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Neither. PS3!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
keyboard and mouse have been, and will always be superior to anything else to control a FPS.  Plus the graphics are a ton better
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#6]
If your rig can handle it, PC by far.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

PC  

It's a better platform for me.

+1 same here

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Which do you recommend, and why?  I have played all the other COD games on the 360, but I have to wonder if I wouldn't do better on the PC (I don't have the twitch reflexes of a 18 year old, and dual thumbs is a challenge).  I have a new gaming PC rig and thought now might be the time to swap.  Thoughts?

Obviously, if you only have a PC or only have an Xbox, then responding here is not as relevant.

[incoming poll]

XBOX cause then you can join the [AR15] clan and shoot 12 year old emo fucksticks and make them cry.

nothing brings so much joy to my life then making a 12 year old piss his paints and cry to his mommy.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

[incoming poll]

XBOX cause then you can join the [AR15] clan and shoot 12 year old emo fucksticks and make them cry.

nothing brings so much joy to my life then making a 12 year old piss his paints and cry to his mommy.

Unless you join a game with one side full of arfcommers on one side and you on the other getting your ass handed to you. I remember one night having a room full of arfcommers  on both sides that was the funniest damn game ever nothing like having 12 people all with 203's with overkill on in the Bog I do not believe one person on either side made it ten feet the entire game.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#10]
as much as i love PC controls, you dont have to keep updating and updating and updating hardware as much as a 360 (and i've only had a 360 about 2 months, and love it alot).  I played lots of BF2 on my PC back when it was good enough, now... i just dont have the money to keep throwing into a gaming PC, when the PC's gotta last me a while.... and i dont really have to do any hardware upgrades to the xbox.

preordered CoD6: MF2 today, amazon delivery on release date, at least in theory
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Adult Box all the way!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Both. You'll see a wide difference in play style on PC vs. Xbox. Xbox for, believe it or not, more tactical HC play and small matches, PC for your large, frenzied, run and gun matches, as the PC always allows more players per map.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#13]
my pc can't handle even the first MW so xbox as its all that can run it
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

[incoming poll]

This, plus MUCH less cheating.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#15]
360 There will easily be 20 arfcommers on at any given time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
first person shooters - PC
3rd person games - 360
Driving games - 360
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#17]
xbox - other

alot of my real friends will snag it on the sexbox.  other fps pc fo sho.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
PS3 if you don't have a PC that can run it. If you do, PC all the fricking way. A FPS should NOT be played on a console unless it's the only option. Period. Only a spaz chooses a console over a PC for FPS when he has the option. Only a spaz pays money a second time to be allowed to use his internet connection too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#19]

I built my new box for Mafia and the new COD.

Keyboard+mouse 4 life.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PS3 if you don't have a PC that can run it. If you do, PC all the fricking way. A FPS should NOT be played on a console unless it's the only option. Period. Only a spaz chooses a console over a PC for FPS when he has the option. Only a spaz pays money a second time to be allowed to use his internet connection too.

With that line of reasoning: only a spaz pays money one time for RAMPANT cheating.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

With that line of reasoning: only a spaz pays money one time for RAMPANT cheating.

I play a huge amount on line.
Cheaters are gone in about 2 minutes on a well moderated server, which is most of them.
Biggest problem is getting kicked for no reason.

And modded maps are the fucking bee's knees.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:06:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheaters are gone in about 2 minutes on a well moderated server, which is most of them.

The only problem with PC and Playstation is.......you are missing the best bunch of guys on the planet....the Arfcom clan[AR15].     The xbox has pissed me off, as I'm on my 4th, but there is no way I'd change at this point, cause of all my "friends".  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only problem with PC and Playstation is.......you are missing the best bunch of guys on the planet....the Arfcom clan[AR15].     The xbox has pissed me off, as I'm on my 4th, but there is no way I'd change at this point, cause of all my "friends".  

NERD ALERT!

. . . but so true.  I've made friends with guys in the Arfcom clan, gone shooting, and hang out with several of the local ones on a regular basis (watching the the fights tomorrow night with Crook and Expro.)  

If it weren't for distance, I'm sure I'd be doing the same with many of the other ones too.

The Xbox CoD clans are like eHarmony forArfcommers
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ohhh, shit........that's funny.......

Yesterday, I start getting texts asking when I was going to get on........it was about 5 min after I normally get on.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
keyboard and mouse have been, and will always be superior to anything else to control a FPS.  Plus the graphics are a ton better

Why? I got a PS2 type controller for my PC and it is so much better for FPS than keyboard/mouse. At least for me anyway.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:57:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhh, shit........that's funny.......

Yesterday, I start getting texts asking when I was going to get on........it was about 5 min after I normally get on.  

Do you know how I know you guys are gay?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? I got a PS2 type controller for my PC and it is so much better for FPS than keyboard/mouse. At least for me anyway.....

While you may like a controller better as your personal preference, simply due to limitations of the input method you will get spanked by a good mouse user, especially up close. There are just no two ways about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:47:03 AM EDT
[#27]
PC cause you can LEAN

I'm running a late 2007 setup still too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top