Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 3:14:29 PM EDT
First let me begin by apologizing for the caps in thread title.  I am fucking pissed.  

I purchased the PC version today from GameStop and it will NOT install.  I have tried the default install, custom install and nothing, zip, zilch, nada.  Atari needs to be held accountable for this and should be liable for ripping off consumers.  Also, the PC version does not include any form of multiplayer co-op.  This was removed late in the development stages.  To make matters worse, the PS3 version has reported trouble as well.  Locking up at certain points within the game.  GameStop advised that they have received an e-mail from Corporate based out of Grapevine, TX in regards to the PS3 and 360 release.  I highly recommend that those of you interested in this game avoid it.  Sadly this is a botched release and a damn shame at that.  I have always been a fan of Ghostbusters and this just pisses me off.  Not only am I ticked that I have been ripped off, but the release itself has fallen victim.  I have read that there is invasive DRM and that may be the root cause of these issues.  I even wonder if they properly beta-tested this title before letting it hit the streets.  Friday I will be contacting the store manager at the local GameStop and be demanding a full refund however I do not expect to get anything back due to their policy.
Avoid and boycott this release.  Period.  /end rant!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I take it this is the Ghostbusters game that I read about in Game Informer over a year ago?  It's that bad?  In some ways I'm glad I don't do the PC games anymore. It seems I would have problems installing games and having updates not work.  Sorry about your luck, hope things go better for you next time around.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If you bought it with a credit card, dispute the charge.  I do this whenever I try being reasonable, but the merchant won't play ball for some asinine reason.  For example, last year, a site sponsor sent me an unwanted order due to a software screwup on their website, then wanted to charge me "restocking" and other BS fees (mentioned nowhere on their website) to take the stuff back.  I disputed the charge, received a credit for the entire amount, and never heard about it again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Found this on another forum.

PS3 on left, PC on right.  Graphics comparison....

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#4]
PC version has no multiplayer. PS3 was lead platform but suffers from a really low resolution even though they claimed it was the better version. 360/Wii is the only way to go on this one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I forgot it was supposed to come out now. The last time I looked into the game they delayed it in order to fix it up. Kinda shocked it's kinda jacked up.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#6]
If it doesn't install and it's a problem with the disc I don't see how they wont refund your money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top