Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2009 9:13:51 PM EDT
How you guys liking the demo? I've had it for a week now and I've probably played 15 hours of just the demo. It's that addicting. Can't wait to pick this up and create my own fighter. May 29th is release date I believe.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Demo?  There's a demo out?!  Is it on XBL?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Demo?  There's a demo out?!  Is it on XBL?

Yup, Live and PSN.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, I had no idea.  Then again I haven't been gaming that much lately.  How long has it been out?
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow, I had no idea.  Then again I haven't been gaming that much lately.  How long has it been out?

Released today, but there were some codes for it last week. Honestly, I've been playing it for a week straight. There's just so many surprise endings to fights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Released today, but there were some codes for it last week. Honestly, I've been playing it for a week straight. There's just so many surprise endings to fights.

How did you get the codes?

And yeah graphics look awesome, but I've just been skeptical about the gameplay.  I've played the old UFC games on PS2, and they weren't that good.  The problem is that in MMA, there are so many different techniques and moves that it seems impossible to map them to a controller with 8-10 buttons.  But I'll definitely check out the demo now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They had like 4 sent out to my gamestop near my house, and since I already had it preordered, they gave me one. The older UFC games sucked, but this game is simply amazing. I'm preferring the PS3 on this one for the controller, but both work well. It's very complex and will take time to fully master it, but you can pull off any move you see in a real fight. I was playing as Chuck and just slammed Rua on his head after he tried to catch my leg and take me to the ground. Believe me, this is 103049x better than the past UFC games.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
haha Alright cool.  I'm downloading it right now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The grappling system is retarded.  "Here, let me come give you a big man hug!"
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's actually very complex. That big man hug can lead to an easy takedown. Not to mention the Muy Thai clinch which basically means game over. Chuck's submission defense is high, so I've only got him once with an armbar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's actually very complex. That big man hug can lead to an easy takedown. Not to mention the Muy Thai clinch which basically means game over. Chuck's submission defense is high, so I've only got him once with an armbar.

I agree.  The grappling is pretty darn complex.  It took me a while to get used to it, and it's so awesome now.  The demo definitely shunned any thoughts I had about this game being crappy.  It's extremely realistic.

The game is even more fun to play with an actual person.  I was playing for probably 2 hours with my little brother yesterday.  It took him a little longer to learn the controls, but when he became a good opponent, the fights were getting outrageously exciting and unpredictable.  The game is incredible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#11]
This game is awesome, it should be fun....
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This game is awesome, it should be fun....

i can't wait to get you in a triangle and make you cry "UNCLE!"
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't wait to stop playing as Liddell and Rua all the time and instead play as GSP!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#14]
the demo is impressive.  just d/l it earlier today.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#15]
i couldn't figure out how to do anything but punch/kick.  I got knocked on the ground once, but rua didnt follow.  I also knocked my opponent down, and couldn't figure out how to get on the ground... any help?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
They have a tutorial that you can do.... its pretty informative....
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They have a tutorial that you can do.... its pretty informative....

thanks, I will check it out
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not that good at transitions yet,  but I did manage to submit Shogun via a kneebar and a guillotine.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#19]
The more and more I play, the more complex moves I figure out. This is insane! Every little button combination has another unique move.

In other news, Gamespot will be airing a tournament they're doing at their office tomorrow at 7:00 EST. All the fighters will be from the welterweight division.

• B.J. Penn
• Georges St-Pierre
• Matt Serra
• Mike Swick
• Diego Sanchez
• Josh Koscheck
• Matt Hughes
• Karo Parisyan
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#20]
This game is pretty awesome.  I was worried that it was going to be a no strategy button mash fest like some of the older games were but it is actually a good game.  I am going to get this when it comes out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The more and more I play, the more complex moves I figure out. This is insane! Every little button combination has another unique move.

Heck yeah man!  I've been playing like everyday and I just keep getting better and every technique is like natural now.  haha  I love how you can tell a distinct difference between the fighting styles and moves of Shogun and Liddell.  I just hope all the 80+ characters are different as well.  I'm positive they will be.

Here's an idea.  You guys should all start sharing some of the things you've been able to do or maybe certain finishes you have done.  Something new and realistic happens each time I play.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This game is pretty awesome.  I was worried that it was going to be a no strategy button mash fest like some of the older games were but it is actually a good game.  I am going to get this when it comes out.

I preordered it yesterday!  If you preorder from Gamestop, you get Ryan Bader and Efrain Escudero, the two winners from TUF Season 8.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I preordered it yesterday!  If you preorder from Gamestop, you get Ryan Bader and Efrain Escudero, the two winners from TUF Season 8.

Cool,  I just got back from reserving my copy at Gamestop.  They said you get two fighters but did not say which ones.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I just pre ordered it today....
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#25]
There's going to be 80 fighters + the 2 gamestop fighters + 14 hidden unlockable fighters = 96 fighters of pure awesomeness.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's going to be 80 fighters + the 2 gamestop fighters + 14 hidden unlockable fighters = 96 fighters of pure awesomeness.

Oh wow.  I didn't know there were 14 unlockable ones.  That's pretty cool.  I'm sure some will probably be old UFC legends or Hall of Fame dudes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wow.  I didn't know there were 14 unlockable ones.  That's pretty cool.  I'm sure some will probably be old UFC legends or Hall of Fame dudes.

I hope so. I'd love to see Randy still, but I know that's not going to happen. It's funny enough that Tito Ortiz is in the game, but I think that is so you can destroy him in one of the classic fights.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Tank Abbot, thats what I want.... lol Hoyce Gracy im sure will be there...
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The game is not complete unless Kimbo Slice is in it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#30]
okay but its spelled royce gracie
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The game is not complete unless Kimbo Slice is in it.

He's my first fighter I'm going to create. Haven't decided who to KO him with though.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#32]
i like it a lot.. except did you notice how big the ref is compared to the fighters?? haha.. that is a big ref
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i like it a lot.. except did you notice how big the ref is compared to the fighters?? haha.. that is a big ref

I know Mario Yamasaki is the ref in the demo, but have you seen John McCarthy?  He's a big guy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#34]
I hope Bas Rutten is an unlockable character.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top