Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 3:53:13 AM EDT
My nice xbox 360 hard drive crapped out . I just got it back from RRoD repairs in July now this. the best part is warranty ended in September of this year, So they say pound sand. I need a replacement and am willing to install a new hard drive myself. Is there any way to recover my data off of the old drive ?  After reading online I found the numbers on xbox 360 failure or from %16-60 depending on who you read. this will be failure #2 for mine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My nice xbox 360 hard drive crapped out . I just got it back from RRoD repairs in July now this. the best part is warranty ended in September of this year, So they say pound sand. I need a replacement and am willing to install a new hard drive myself. Is there any way to recover my data off of the old drive ?  After reading online I found the numbers on xbox 360 failure or from %16-60 depending on who you read. this will be failure #2 for mine.

You could try freezing it then try to back up your saves onto a usb hd or thumb drive. Check around online sometimes you can find some good deals on the older smaller 360 drives, your pretty much screwed and have to buy their drive its not like the PS that will use any laptop drive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top