Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2008 11:55:03 AM EDT
How many custom firearms can be found throughout the game, and where can they be found?

Here's the ones I know of already:

• Fort-12 - found on the officer you pay 500RU to to pass beneath the railroad bridge early on in the game.

• AK-94 Tactical - the rifle you are asked to find by the Duty guy inside the 100 Rad bar.  One of the bandits is carrying it inside Borov's compound in The Dark Valley.

• Suppressed AK-74SU - carried by Bes in the Garbage

• AK-74 Rapid- easily the best weapon in the game, it can be found in the same room where you find Strelok's flash drive in the catacombs underneath the Agropom Research Institute.

• Big Boy - a custom Desert Eagle that can be found in the underground space next to the crashed helicopter in the Wild Territory.

• Family Rifle - sawed off shotgun that can be found next to Big Boy in The Wild Territory.

Anyone know of any others?  Also, what about the gauss rifle?  The first one I can get my hands on is underground in Chernobyl itself.  Can they be attained anywhere in Pripyat or before?
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
is the scoped and suppressed 9x39 rifle custom? I don't remember if I saw more than one of those

There's a suppressed and scoped 5.56 rifle (that sig/ar thing, can't remember what they called it in the game) that the duty leader sends you to go get

There's more than a few gauss rifles around, but getting them is hard. I never did find where the two roof top snipers' ended up after I shot them. I saw the guns fall but never found them on the ground, must have landed on a roof ledge or something on the way down

I read about a viper in 9x18 but never saw it
Link Posted: 10/8/2008 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I read about a viper in 9x18 but never saw it

I just found a good link on ign.com detailing where a lot of them are - although I think a few locations may have been changed with later patches for the game.  The Viper 9x18mm is at the very back of the train tunnel in Garbage (the one all the bandits are always hanging around).  There are a ton of anomalies in the way though, so it can be difficult to reach.  In your inventory it looks like an HK 53, although it looks normal in your hands.

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]

I just started another new game and damned if the trader in Cordon didn't have an upgraded 5.45mm Grozna rifle for sale for 1500RU the moment the game started.  I've never seen that before.  I bought it and carried it for a while, and it's accurate but for some reason seems less powerful than the standard AKs in the game.

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
nice
although ammo for it that early must have been tough to find
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The only "one of a kind" weapons I remember in the first game where the M203 grenade launcher that you could only get from the Freedom armory, the two 6 shooter grenade launchers (both Freedom/Duty mission related), the one and only Dragonov SVD I found was in the hands of a sniper on the roof of a mobile home of some sort just past the barrier and I seem to remember an Obokan (Abokahn?) with a grenade launcher on it found I can't remember where.

I'm not really a hardcore computer gamer though and I kind of half-heartedly played the original Stalker. I didn't explore much and basically just shoved my way through the main story missions.

Edit: Oh and not really "weapons" per se but I found two suppressors, one on top of the burnt out factory near the military checkpoint at the rail bridge and another in the back of a truck in the garbage near Bes'es group.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
All of the AKs are "custom".... (They have left side charging handles)
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the one and only Dragonov SVD I found was in the hands of a sniper on the roof of a mobile home of some sort just past the barrier

Interesting, do you happen to remember exactly where this was?  Are you talking about the barrier where you help the Freedom guys fight off the Monolith soldiers?

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah that was the spot. If I remember the game right you'd go through that barrier once you fought off the Monolith guys and you had this long winding path that you took to the Brain Scorcher. In that path you'd pass a place that looked like a checkpoint complete with a guardhouse and a lowering road barrier. Once past that you'd come to this winding part in the road that had all these abandoned jeeps and tanks littered about. If I remember right you would look to your left and up on a little hill-like rise you'd see what looked like a motor home/trailer. There was a guy on the roof of that spot with a SVD Dragonov sniper rifle taking pot shots at you. Each hit would take half of your life if not more. Once you took out that guy he'd drop the rifle onto the roof of the motor home. You then had to climb up on there using a ladder (my memory is foggy) and you'd find the Dragonov.

Two problems existed if I recall: first, that area has hot with radiation and if you stuck around too long you'd be dead. Second was the dead guy gave you the Dragonov but he only gave you like four bullets for it. I remember lugging the thing all the way to the Brain Scorcher looking for more ammo and I only found like ten rounds for it and I wound up dropping it in favor of something lighter with more ammo.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it I also recall a weird bullpup Dragonov as well that I found on one of the Monolith guys in that same area. If I remember right the guy that had that rifle was near the watchtower or the fork in the road that splits off between the Brain Scorcher and Prypiat. Now that I remember that was the only other source of Dragonov ammo I remember seeing... once again I was completely blowing through the game and not really looking for anything.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The only "one of a kind" weapons I remember in the first game where the M203 grenade launcher that you could only get from the Freedom armory, the two 6 shooter grenade launchers (both Freedom/Duty mission related), the one and only Dragonov SVD I found was in the hands of a sniper on the roof of a mobile home of some sort just past the barrier and I seem to remember an Obokan (Abokahn?) with a grenade launcher on it found I can't remember where.

I'm not really a hardcore computer gamer though and I kind of half-heartedly played the original Stalker. I didn't explore much and basically just shoved my way through the main story missions.

Edit: Oh and not really "weapons" per se but I found two suppressors, one on top of the burnt out factory near the military checkpoint at the rail bridge and another in the back of a truck in the garbage near Bes'es group.

I spotted a couple dragunovs on monolith guys. And the freedom snipers at their base had the bullpup in the same caliber (I ran into the rogue duty guys before getting the mission from the duty leader so I didn't know not to help them and tried pulling it off a couple times before I decided to walk into the freedom base and talk to them. When I saw that there were like 20 freedom guys I decided there was no way the duty dudes had a chance and gave up trying to help them)
but by that time I had the suppressed and scoped 9x39 which was really accurate and I had 100+ rounds of ammo for it, and a G36 as my main gun, and didn't have the eight allowance needed to lug the dragunov and the 12 rounds of ammo I found for it around

I later found more ammo but still not much more than a handful and times bewtween ammo would have meant lugging an empty rifle around possibly costing me the ability to have ammo for my primary weapons
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

why the heck do so many modern FPS do that?
counterstrike pulled that same crap
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#11]

I'm surprised that you guys didn't stick with the AK-74 Rapid from Strelok's stash.  I've found that to be far and away the best rifle in the game, especially once you mount a PSO-1 scope on it.  The recoil is half or less what every other weapon delivers.  The 5.45mm ammo can be harder to find in later stages but I just stock way up before heading towards the Brain Scorcher and Pripyat, etc.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2008 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I was swapping weapons so often I never really stuck with any one weapon. Every time I'd enter a new area it seemed they all used a different kind of ammo, so I was always dropping my old guns and picking up new ones. Only near the end did I stick with one weapon type, which if I remember right was the scoped suppressed rifle. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the non optic weapons in the game so I always gravitated towards something with a scope, and the more power the better. That game was hard with a capital H.
Link Posted: 10/9/2008 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have always heard it's an "artistic choice" by the creators. The action of the weapon always faces away from the camera on most FPS games because most FPS characters are right handed and shooting standard right side eject small arms. When they shoot, you "can't see that neat action working".

Video games are almost always made by people concerned with looks and sounds more than technical realities. They want their game to look neat and exciting and being able to show a weapon's action cycling or ejecting brass is "neato" in their book.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:00:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm surprised that you guys didn't stick with the AK-74 Rapid from Strelok's stash.  I've found that to be far and away the best rifle in the game, especially once you mount a PSO-1 scope on it.  The recoil is half or less what every other weapon delivers.  The 5.45mm ammo can be harder to find in later stages but I just stock way up before heading towards the Brain Scorcher and Pripyat, etc.  

the condition had dropped on mine and it was jamming a lot
and even with the scope I didn't find it to be very accurate
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the condition had dropped on mine and it was jamming a lot
and even with the scope I didn't find it to be very accurate

Did you have the realism mod installed?  My weapon almost never jammed and was very accurate.  I always had it repaired by the Barkeep or Trader whenever I stopped by, though.

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#16]

A few others I have learned about:

• Detachable silencer - on the roof of the warehouse in Cordon just south of the Railroad overpass.  It's in a small white case and is very hard to get to.  I had to push a crate out of the warehouse and up to the junker truck, then jump onto the truck and from there to the roof.

• 9x18mm Walther P99 - Mole carries this pistol, you have to shoot him or let him be killed by the soldiers at Agropom Research Institute if you want it.

• RPG-7 launcher - not a custom weapon exactly but incredibly rare nonetheless.  The only static one I've found so far is on the top floor of the HQ building in the Army compound near Argopom Research Institute.  I haven't found any spare grenades for it anywhere yet.

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a second suppressor in the back of a truck in the garbage. It's in Bes'es little vehicle graveyard, it's the last truck at the end near the opening in the fence. It's kind of tricky to jump into the back of it (just like how it is tricky to jump onto the truck at the burned out factory to get the other silencer) but once inside the truck if you turn around and look out the back of the truck under the ramped up board there is one of those little white lid metal tins that has the suppressor in it.

Edit: and now that I think about it I think I also found a custom SPAS 12 in the hands of a bandit in the underground tunnels where you find Strellok's hideout. He was one of those bandits in the black overcoats.

Edit Edit: I think I found an RPG7 launcher in an underground lab area. I remember I found it and said WOW and kept it only to launch it at that big squarish monster thing in the same vicinity if I remember right. Then I sold the launcher and never really found another one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Found two more unusual weapons today, both of them in the Army Warehouse region.

• There is a standard AK-74 with an attached suppressor hidden in the farmhouse where you have to follow the spy and kill him and the merc he's meeting with.  It's hidden in a corner, leaning up against the wall with two boxes of 7.62 HP rounds. The farmhouse is at the northern border of the Army Warehouse.

• There is an LRM rifle with attached scope and suppressor, customized to fire single shot only.  It's very accurate as well.  It's clamped in a vise inside a concrete bus-stop at the small mercenary checkpoint at the northwest corner of the map.  

Also, while walking through the region, for some reason I found Wolf's body slumped in a campfire.  LOL, I wonder how he got there?

Link Posted: 10/10/2008 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Clear Sky has an excellent weapon and armor upgrade customization and repair system.
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW...Back when I was playing this game...I studied up on how to make a mod, I and fixed ALL of the weapons to be more realistic in accuracy and ballistics...and made it so they don't deteriorate so quickly.

That was a LONG time ago, and the game is installed on my old machine.  I will dig it out when I get a chance.

(My attention has been focused on editing ARMED ASSAULT lately)
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
you can get weapons repaired in stalker?
wish I had known that
Link Posted: 10/10/2008 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
you can get weapons repaired in stalker?
wish I had known that

Yep, either the Trader in Cordon or the Barkeep can do it.  I'm not sure about anyone else in the game.

Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Found three more upgraded weapons today.
  • Sparrow, a stalker in the bar area carries a suppressed 1911 on him.

• Fiend, another stalker in the Bar area carries an AK-94 Akhaban Sniper rifle, which features a non-detachable scope with a higher magnification than any other PSO-1 I've found yet.

• I killed both of these stalkers by waiting until they were sitting around a fire, then dropping a fuelcan in the fire so that it explodes.  No alarm is sounded, and I get my custom weapons.

• At the small farmstead where the stalker offers to sell you a Guass rifle for $800, one of his buddies is carrying an MP5 with non-detachable suppressor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have always heard it's an "artistic choice" by the creators. The action of the weapon always faces away from the camera on most FPS games because most FPS characters are right handed and shooting standard right side eject small arms. When they shoot, you "can't see that neat action working".

Video games are almost always made by people concerned with looks and sounds more than technical realities. They want their game to look neat and exciting and being able to show a weapon's action cycling or ejecting brass is "neato" in their book.

Gooseman the creator of Counter Strike I believe started this trend because he was left handed in real life and modded the game from his own perspective.  The original versions of CS defaulted with the gun on the left side of the screen and would look correct from that perspective, you had to put in a switch to make the guns "right handed" which was just a flop of the graphics giving you the wrong side action we all know.  This I believe was also the case for "Navy SEALs" mod for the original Quake, which was one of Goosemans first mods.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#25]

At the main entrance to the Freedom base (the Army Warehouses) the two guys on either side of the checkpoint are both carrying upgraded SIG 550s with non detachable trilux scopes.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#26]
in the dark valley before you enter the second lab on the roof of the building where you shoot all of the bandits there is a dead bandit and he has an RPG but only one rocket

just thought I'd share that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top