Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 7:21:14 PM EDT
BLATCH77 is out for a while. My xbox just gave me the 3 light  Hardware failure code during bootup.

Fortunately, Microsoft is covering the repair under an extended warranty. Basically 3 years from date of purchase. No receipt required, it took all of 1 minute to fill out the repair request.

I am sure it will take a lot longer than that for the actual repair.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? What was the repair time on it? Will they extend your online account since you will not be able to use it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
BLATCH77 is out for a while. My xbox just gave me the 3 light  Hardware failure code during bootup.

Fortunately, Microsoft is covering the repair under an extended warranty. Basically 3 years from date of purchase. No receipt required, it took all of 1 minute to fill out the repair request.

Anyone out there have a similar issue? What was the repair time on it? Will they extend your online account since you will not be able to use it?

I think its come up a time or two around here.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the same problem. They did not repair my console, instead they sent me a new one. It took a total of 9 days.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Usually they take yours, send you a refurbished one so from most accounts it's pretty quick turn around time.

Be sure to take our your hard drive/transfer your save data, because you will not get it back if you send it off with your 360.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
should have done a search before posting.

How did you guys transfer your data from the HDD?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]
No big deal.  Search youtube for the "towel 360 fix" and keep using it until your box arrives and it fails again.  Once you send it in you should see it back within 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How did you guys transfer your data from the HDD?

Microsuck told me to remove the hard drive @ faceplate before shipping it in.  Just send the console itself.

Oh and I haven't even shipped mine yet!!!!!!  They are claiming a "glitch" in their system that somehow isn't emailing me a shipping label!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top