Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:49:55 AM EDT
...well, all except the last airplane bonus level.  Which I think is impossible to do.

Any tips for the airplane level on Veteran?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny, that's what I was looking for too.

I can make it to the bottom of the stairs in 30, but keep getting hung up in the hallway upstairs.  How far down the hall do you have to go?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Funny, that's what I was looking for too.

I can make it to the bottom of the stairs in 30, but keep getting hung up in the hallway upstairs.  How far down the hall do you have to go?

you start at the back of the plane on the lower level, then go up the stairs an have to go to all the way back to the back of the plane.

I gave up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I just started on vet mode & I'm bogged down in the damn TV station on the first USMC lvl
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I got hung up in the sniper mission. I'm at the very end were the enemies are being choppered in. I think I've given up.

-d
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got hung up in the sniper mission. I'm at the very end were the enemies are being choppered in. I think I've given up.

-d

hang out behind the bumper cars, and pick them off with a G3 that you picked up
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Any tips for the airplane level on Veteran?

For post 1337, I present the l33t skills and strategy that helped me beat the last level on veteran.

Here is what I did to beat the airplane level on veteran.  

I knifed the first guy in the bathroom, then shot the guy at the end of the room on the left after he was dead I threw a flashbang in there to blind the other tangos that run into the room, after that I charged in there with my MP5 blazing, and as quickly as I could picked up the shotgun the second guy I killed had.
After that I ran around the next wall on the right side and ran up to the wall on the right beside the row of seats and waited for a couple seconds (here is a good place to reload the shotgun you picked up) then I popped out and threw another flashbang, ran through there with the MP5 killed all the guys in that room, then killed the guy/guys that run down the stairs, then I went up the stairs.
After that I went up the stairs and took a left and threw a flashbang down the hallway, then went back to the right side and and went into that room and shot everybody with the MP5.
After that room is clear switch to your shotgun (it needs to be fully loaded) throw a flashbang down the last corridor, then run down it don't worry about killing the guys in the hallway, just put a couple of rounds from the shotgun into the guy/guys that come running around the corner at the end of the hall, when they are dead sprint to the door straight ahead, and make sure to shoot the hostage taker in the head.

It took me six hours to beat it, but I finally did. Remember you have to be fast and exact with everything you do on this level, or you will either get killed, not make it in time, or accidentally shoot the hostage in the head, which I did several times.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just started on vet mode & I'm bogged down in the damn TV station on the first USMC lvl

The quickest way to get through is to head towards the door on the far wall as you enter.  You want to go to the back line of offices, make a right, and work through the offices towards the back left corner.  
Throw a frag into the office and watch to your right s go past the cubicles/desks.  The threats will be to your right, from up close to across the room.  You don't want to get bogged down in the large open room.  If you can hit the guys on the walkway above and at the far ends of the large room get them.  They like to rain RPGs on you.
Once you are through the far door and into the first small room, you will see a column in the middle of the room.  Use it for cover from the large windows into the large open room you just ran through and also the door to the next room.  Face the smaller window that is at a right angle to the door you came in.  In this position, you will have a small window to your left front, the door to the next room is to your right front, a large window into the large room you ran through is on your right, and the door you ran through from the large room is at your right rear.
Cover the small window and door, and watch for grenades.  Keep pushing forward through the door to the next room, and you'll see another small office to the forward and left.  You can pop up and down behind the low walls and windows and engage the Muj in the big room.  Make sure that there are none on the walkways above.
Work your way to the next small office.  Lob grenades into the cubicle/desk areas, and drill the Muj that are hopping through the large room.  Your other Marines will keep running through the first door and help to keep the Muj distracted as long as you keep moving forward.  If you go static that will rush you or flank you.
There are a few other ways I found, but this was the quickest.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-d

hang out behind the bumper cars, and pick them off with a G3 that you picked up

Yup.  It also helps to lay out your Claymores by the ticket box for the ferris wheel, at the front, back, and side of the wheel platform, on either side of the booth at the front of the bumper car platform. maybe one on the bumper car platform, one or two on the ridge running form where you drop Wounded Joe off going back towards the bumper car platform, and one or two along the route around the bumper car platform to where you wait.
This progressively whittles down the bad guys as they work towards you and helps to keep them out where both of you can engage, and also helps to prevent them from rushing you around the platform.
The RPD is nice here too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Use cover a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top