Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2007 6:33:53 PM EDT
I'm waiting to see if any of my friends buy this first. Apparently it's been hit by the Halo effect. Only 140 users were online earlier...
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be getting it.  I loved PGR3
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#2]
familyvideo.com has the game for 49.99. Do you think their stores would carry it too?
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I just picked it up and I'm in love already. Photo mode is amazing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Rented  not that impressed yet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone play the new version of Geometry Wars yet?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
i got it.  i like it alot.  nurburg in heavy snow is worth the purchase for me.  motorcycles are ok.....i prefer cars , but the bikes add variety, and are fun.  

i like the new cone stuff.  i think maybe they got rid of the traditional cone challenges, but who knows, they may still get 'em in there.  i haven't finished the game yet.

i tried geometry wars waves.  it's cool, but seems like just a sample of a game.  one life.  no smart bombs (or whatever they're called), just a bombardment of strings of shapes til you die.  then restart.

edit: pgr4 demo is on marketplace, for those wanting to check it out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm waiting to see if any of my friends buy this first. Apparently it's been hit by the Halo effect. Only 140 users were online earlier...

Nah - from what I read most people just thought it was kinda...I don't - kinda also-ran (especially compared to games like Forza 2). THe bikes are a cool addition, but it's still too arcady for my tastes (and IMHO, NFS/Burnout are still kings of that type of racing game).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top