Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 9:59:14 AM EDT
*dons flame suit*

Considering I got this for $15, I think I overpaid by about $12.  This game sucks!  Sure, it looks great, but what on the 360 doesn't look great?  Gameplay feels like a friggin' rail shooter, and what's with the low-grav feel when jumping?  Horrible shit.  Weapons all feel weak and short ranged, so I found myself using this big-ass hammer melee weapon when I could.  Tactics = run to this point, hose.  Run to that point, hose.  Whoopie.  Too bad I can't take this crap back for a refund.  

Anyone want to trade me some AK, AR, or a couple PSL mags for it?  Otherwise, I'm going to go trade it in for Oblivion or Ace Combat or something...

(See post #19 for my not so final final opinion)

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'll pay you your $15 plus shipping if you haven't messed up the game in some way.

Wait....you don't even have a 360 yet, right?

Anyway.  I'll probably just trade it in.  I do need to try it out in multiplayer, see how that is.  Don't really see how it can top R6 or Gears in that respect, though.  Most likely it is going to be traded in on something else in a couple days.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll pay you your $15 plus shipping if you haven't messed up the game in some way.

Anyway.  I'll probably just trade it in.  I do need to try it out in multiplayer, see how that is.  Don't really see how it can top R6 or Gears in that respect, though.  Most likely it is going to be traded in on something else in a couple days.

I bought Halo 3
and it didnt sit well with me,
Played it for a day
Now its on ebay.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont really like it, its got the typical flashy colorful 'reflective lighting' environments... which means you cant see shit
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep i agree... The suck.

There's really nothing special about it.. Whats basically just Halo 2 with better graphics, nothing really changed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, but I will within the next month to month and a half, and Halo 3 and GoW are at the top of my To-Buy list. I've found the storytelling in Halo to be contrived and generally underwhelming since the second game, but I have enjoyed the multiplayer tremendously, so I'm interested in Halo 3 for that. Just not $60 interested.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought Halo 3
Played it for a day
Now its on ebay.

That poem rules!  You should put that on shirts, register halo3sucks.com, and make some cash...  
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, but I will within the next month to month and a half, and Halo 3 and GoW are at the top of my To-Buy list. I've found the storytelling in Halo to be contrived and generally underwhelming since the second game, but I have enjoyed the multiplayer tremendously, so I'm interested in Halo 3 for that. Just not $60 interested.

Yeah, I always rent games first.  Possibly the biggest reason I bought a console was the ability to rent/buy used.  Anyways, with all the rave reviews, and seeing everyone on my XBL Friends list playing this all week, I figured it must be good.  That'll learn me to go against my gut instinct and past experiences.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
You guy probably havent played a multiplayer match with the ARFCOM group(yes its small and there are usually only a 4-6 of us regularly on) but its awesome if you give it a chance and learn to play with a group of good players that wont trash talk you and will help you learn the roaps. It is a good game. Its just not the regular old run of the mill realistic modern combat FPS. There are so many differnt game types or matches available on Halo3. They have matches that simulate a zombie invasions, slayer, team slayer, big team battles, capture the flag, ect ect. You can create your own matches and customize about every thing. Halo is stunningly good looking on the campaine, and looks better than most other on-line multiplayer games. It deffinatly looks better than R6V.......

Halo3 IMOP, is best played in the dark(no lights on behind the TV to control the glare on the screen), with the sound up. I do agree with the comments about the colors being bright and landscapes in game and matches being very bright, compaired to dark games like BF2 or R6V. Thats why you turn off all the lights in the room and slightly tweak the color settings on you TV or Xbox to make it look AWESOME. and it is awesome.

If you want to join a game of good peeps to play with, send KC Weapon a friend invite(but mention arfcom, so I know who you are) and Ill add you, and get you in some fun matches with several other arfcomers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I like it, as I have all the Halo games.

The multiplayer is awesome!  It's great going online and getting some deathmatch!

www.bungie.net is awesome.  The stats are great as is the ability to upload screenshots.

eta gears is pretty cool too
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought Halo 3
Played it for a day
Now its on ebay.

Consider this copyright protected!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#11]
this is the dumbest thread ever!

everyone knows halo sucks!
rb6 rules!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought RB6 was okay. Ghost Recon AW was better than both to me.

Any newer games out for 360 I need to see?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]
You are, all of you, vermin.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I take it you like the game since you are quoting it
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I beat the campaign on Normal difficultly tonight.  My 'final' thoughts:
may contain spoilers!!

Best line(s):
Cortana: So, how do you plan on getting out of here?
MasterChief: Figured I'd shoot my way out.  Ya know, mix it up a little.

Well, after playing the campaign, most of my initial impressions are the same.  Favorite weapon(s) was carrying around the (formerly) mounted weapons, and the flamethrower near the end.  The needler was pretty cool for it's tracking ability, and Dual Plasma rifles are rather handy.  When I was out of ammo, the GravHammer was always nice to use.  The scorpion tank kicked ass, and the Ghost was fun in the early bits of the game.  The other vehicles, including the famous, yet floaty handling, Warthog sucked.

Story:  I can't comment on this very much, since I never played the first 2 games.  I was pretty lost through most of it, plot wise, so I had lots of 'WTF is Going on?!?' moments.  I suppose it was good.  Voice acting was very good.  I did notice in the credits the following names: Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, and Adam Baldwin.  (Firefly cast members)  I don't recall recognizing any of them though.

Technical:  Looks great, even if it's not HD.  (Check the bungie page for details on that).  Some pretty nice looking scenery, MC looked good, lighting was nice, sound was kick ass.

Gameplay:  Meh.  I still don't get what the big deal is.  No tactics to speak of, just a run and gun, and not a very good one at that.  At least it was fairly short and the levels fairly easy to navigate.  With the exception of the 'Ass Level', (Cortana's rescue mission).  That was just plain frustrating, and not to mention ugly.  The 'escape' at the end (driving the warthog to get to the frigate) was just plain stupid and drug on far too long.

Multiplayer:  Still haven't tried that yet.  So, I guess this isn't that final of a final opinion.  Heh.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:17:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I beat the campaign on Normal difficultly tonight.  My 'final' thoughts:
may contain spoilers!!

Best line(s):
Cortana: So, how do you plan on getting out of here?
MasterChief: Figured I'd shoot my way out.  Ya know, mix it up a little.

Well, after playing the campaign, most of my initial impressions are the same.  Favorite weapon(s) was carrying around the (formerly) mounted weapons, and the flamethrower near the end.  The needler was pretty cool for it's tracking ability, and Dual Plasma rifles are rather handy.  When I was out of ammo, the GravHammer was always nice to use.  The scorpion tank kicked ass, and the Ghost was fun in the early bits of the game.  The other vehicles, including the famous, yet floaty handling, Warthog sucked.

Story:  I can't comment on this very much, since I never played the first 2 games.  I was pretty lost through most of it, plot wise, so I had lots of 'WTF is Going on?!?' moments.  I suppose it was good.  Voice acting was very good.  I did notice in the credits the following names: Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, and Adam Baldwin.  (Firefly cast members)  I don't recall recognizing any of them though.

Technical:  Looks great, even if it's not HD.  (Check the bungie page for details on that).  Some pretty nice looking scenery, MC looked good, lighting was nice, sound was kick ass.

Gameplay:  Meh.  I still don't get what the big deal is.  No tactics to speak of, just a run and gun, and not a very good one at that.  At least it was fairly short and the levels fairly easy to navigate.  With the exception of the 'Ass Level', (Cortana's rescue mission).  That was just plain frustrating, and not to mention ugly.  The 'escape' at the end (driving the warthog to get to the frigate) was just plain stupid and drug on far too long.

Multiplayer:  Still haven't tried that yet.  So, I guess this isn't that final of a final opinion.  Heh.

I knew I heard Captain Reynolds voice!!! That fucking owns.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#17]
that game is the sux on Normal.  play it on hard or legendary.  that's where your tactics will come in.  no more "spray and pray, run in the middle and shoot everything."  Ammo is VERY scarce, and headshots are king.  the best weapons in the game (for campaign and in my opinion multi) are the covenant carbine and the battle rifle.  always aim for the head and don't waste more than one shot on the grunts.

play it that way and you'll be in for a much longer game experience.  play it on legendary with a friend for a really fun time.  you can also play the campaign online with others.  lots of fun there also.

but the REAL fun of the game is playing multi-player with friends and on live.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
that game is the sux on Normal.  play it on hard or legendary.  that's where your tactics will come in.  no more "spray and pray, run in the middle and shoot everything."  Ammo is VERY scarce, and headshots are king.  the best weapons in the game (for campaign and in my opinion multi) are the covenant carbine and the battle rifle.  always aim for the head and don't waste more than one shot on the grunts.

play it that way and you'll be in for a much longer game experience.  play it on legendary with a friend for a really fun time.  you can also play the campaign online with others.  lots of fun there also.

but the REAL fun of the game is playing multi-player with friends and on live.

Yup.

Playing it on Heroic right now.    No run and gun any more.  I'm playing with my 8yr old, so he still does some run and gun, but he is learning to follow directions better and cover my ass, as I cover his.   We try to split up and "surround" them  

It's a lot of fun, and a hell of a lot harder!!!!

I have played a ton, I mean a ton, of Halo 2 online, and the new Halo 3 online play is so far superior, it isn't even the same game.    I am shocked at how cool it is.  The new game types are very, very well thought out and fun to play.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Halo was my first game on Xbox. I bought the system and the game the day it came out (Nov 15, 2001 I believe). I absolutely loved it. I bought Halo 2 the date it launched and was unhappy with the experience. Halo 3, again bought the day it launched, is by far my favorite of the series. It brought closure to a great story (my favorite sci-fi story since star wars). It has a lot more tactics involved than other iterations (i'm speaking of the heroic and legendary settings). Where halo 3 realy shines (and really where the halo franchise in general has shined) is in co-op. Get three friends and hit the campaign on legendary. That is a gaming experience to behold.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#20]
This is making me sad I don't have a 360.   I loved the first two games.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I've never played any of the Halo-x series on anything easier than "Heroic".  I'm surprised anyone does, for that matter.  Run & gun is what you should expect to get when you set on the for-the-masses difficulty.  Do not pass go.

Try again on the higher difficulty settings.  I didn't get everything I'd hoped for in "Halo 3", but I'm still far from disappointed.

I agree that "Gears" is a more original piece of work, particularly for its emphasis on tactics & co-operative play; I expect great things from "Gears 2".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top