Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 4:40:15 AM EDT
Hello all.  I used to play a FPS game in the early 2000s (I think).  I can't remember the name but I have a few screenshots in my head.  I played this game years ago, so some of the details might be off.  I believe the rough plot in single player was you were a miner going on stike for better working conditions.  The government was tyranical, so they set out to squash you, so the miners riot, and it is your job to stop the government from developing a virus in retaliation for the riot.  it also had multiplayer over LAN and internet.  You could use explosives to blast through rock and dig tunnels.  I believe, in single player, your characters uniform was red.  In multiplayer, you had red team and blue team.  Also, you had a single shot, breech loading, nailgun that could see through and kill through walls.  I believe the enemys would appear as a heat signature.  In one of the levels you had to use a small sub to navigate to an underwater base.  Can anybody tell me the name of this game? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You are describing "Red Faction"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Red Faction and Red Faction II, duh, can't believe I didn't remember that.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Red Faction and Red Faction II, duh, can't believe I didn't remember that.  Thanks.

No problem
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep Red Faction.  The first one was decent the 2nd was a piece of dirt
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
i was thinkin'   red faction myself

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top