Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:31:34 PM EDT
I've played paintball for 5 or 6 years but don't know the 1st thing about airsoft.  I'm just looking for a semi-auto pistol that I can use to shoot at stuff around my apartment.
I don't need full-auto, blowback, competition gun, etc.....  Just a basic, semi-auto preferably under $30.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to look for?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Wal-mart
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wal-mart

maker? model? etc...?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I can point you in a better direction.

A different forum.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can point you in a better direction.

A different forum.

This is the gaming forum, if you know of a forum here dedicated to airsoft, please enlighten us
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me elaborate.. a WHOLE different forum. This may be the particular 'branch' for it, but if you actually wanted better results, post the question on an airsoft site. Not one meant for actual firearms. I'm guessing not too many people here know about airsoft, or are willing to come foreward with it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wal-mart

maker? model? etc...?

Whatever is in your budget.  Last time I walked by that secion they had quite a few different airsoft pistols.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm guessing not too many people here know about airsoft, or are willing to come foreward with it.

Wrong on both counts.  Again, if you don't have any advice about what i'm looking for, why keep posting in this thread?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
To help you out, saying there's ArniesAirsoft, retailers, etc that you could get better info simply by asking there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
To help you out, saying there's ArniesAirsoft, retailers, etc that you could get better info simply by asking there.

I don't want to ask there, I want to ask other gun owners who know the difference b/w the real thing and a toy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
By semi automatic, do you mean you don't want to need to rack the slide for each shot? If so, $30 will not get you anything you'll enjoy very much.

The Tokyo Marui spring pistols are pretty decent, but require you to chamber a bb after every shot. But they are very accurate, and require only bbs to operate. And can be had on Egay for about $45 ater shipping.

If you want it to be an autoloader and give decent accuracy you'll need to go higher on the cash. Anything else will either break or give very poor distance and accuracy.

For an first gas blow-back pistol I suggest either a KWA/KSC (KSC says Glock, model #, caliber... and has a plastic slide. KWA are sterile and have metal slides.) Glock 17 or 19, or a Tokyo Marui M9 or Sig P226. Great range, accuracy, and feel. But all of them are over $100, unless you find them used.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably not going to find a semi for <$30. I got a single shot version of the P226(don't recall the maker off hand) that I use as the equivalent of a 'bokken' or 'waster' for practice. It works well for that, especially since I cut the hokey hammer off of it so that it now fits my holster properly. It has worked well for practicing/perfecting my draw with it. I got mine for $23 at Academy and I shoot 'stuff' with it in the garage all the time. With 'stuff' being defined as impromptu targets made of T-shirts to catch the balls for reuse.

Just as a 'bokken' is wood and has a different heft/feel of a real sword, there is going to be the same type of differences between AirSoft and a real pistol. I'm going to get some dry fire caps for use with my 'real' pistol when I do my dry fire exercises. Something to consider if you're planning on using this AirSoft as an adjunct to training. There is enough of a difference that I am going to start adding dry fire drills at the end to have the practice with the actual pistol.

Occasionally, I see a banner ad for 'Airsoft Atlanta' that you may wish to check out since they are supporting the board.

wganz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top