Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 5:12:06 PM EDT
It was a Glock 19 with nearly identical construction to the real thing.  But I checked, the chamber is fully supported on this one.

One of the instructors from my dojang holds a force-on-force class once a month at the dojang.  Takeaways, retention, using cover . . . supposedly we are going to cover all of the windows with mattresses to black out the place and practice identifying targets in the dark with lights.  There will also be wrestling for those of us who have ground fighting experience.  Should be fun.

By the way, I went to Airsoft Atlanta today to get the pistol.  Neat store - they had a lot of really nice "tactical" gear and even some spare parts for a P90 rail system that no one can find on the internet right now.  What was a bit disturbing (other than the grown men squealing at the G18 airsofts and buying 2 for a dual SOB holster setup) was all of the kids running around grabbing the dozens of display guns and dry firing all over the place.

Now I had just come from the range and there were plenty of parents with their youngins' teaching them to shoot responsibly.  And here I was looking at adults bringing their kids just five miles down the road from the range to a toy gun shop and letting them get all kinds of bad ideas about guns into their heads.  There was a pistol gripped shotgun airsoft that a little kid picked up, sighted with his eye right in front of the optic, and pulled the trigger.  Now this is airsoft and nothing happened.  But I see this same kid four or five years from now picking up some friend's pistol gripped shotty and terraforming his nose because of some stupid behavior he picked up while his dad was drooling over a $650 AK airsoft that looked like it was fucked in the ass by the TAPCO-Fairy.  

Oh, and the $2500 Barrett .50 Cal "sniper rifle."  Christ!  Just get the real thing if your wallet is that expansive!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
How far will they shoot popcorn though? I got this cat that hugs the TV when any Law and Order comes on. That shit needs to stop.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]

I just bought an Airsoft . . . .  

Expect ridicule, moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I miss my M4....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I own an airsoft M4. How else can you fight your friends inside your own house? Paintballs a bit messy....... I would get sim kit, but they are a bit expensive

I also own two paintball guns, I bet you guys make fun of me for being a wuss!

what I did for fun before I joined the Marines
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
no way i'd shell out anywhere near that for an airsoft toy.  I dont care how fun it is to shoot your friends, that's just absurd! $2500 will go a long way with a REAL gun.  Given the choice, I'd spend $2500 on a national match M1A that never fires a shot in anger than half of that on a toy that i shoot people with all the time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of them, great fun I use it to scare off the neighbors cats.  And I bought my son a full auto MP5 so he can blast away at stuff, wish I had a full auto BB gun when I was 4.

They are fun and screw those that don't like them.  We use them for tactical training, I would much rather get hit with a 6mm BB than blasted with a 9mm by mistake.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
no way i'd shell out anywhere near that for an airsoft toy.  I dont care how fun it is to shoot your friends, that's just absurd! $2500 will go a long way with a REAL gun.  Given the choice, I'd spend $2500 on a national match M1A that never fires a shot in anger than half of that on a toy that i shoot people with all the time.

But I already have a National Match M1A . . . (nyah, nyah)
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Um... the Glock 9mm chabmber IS fully supported.  

Enjoy your airtoy.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Every time I go to play paintball I'm appalled by the lack of trigger and muzzle discipline demonstrated by just about everyone.  Nowadays I keep my goggles on in the staging areas.

Quoted:
How far will they shoot popcorn though? I got this cat that hugs the TV when any Law and Order comes on. That shit needs to stop.

Dunno about popcorn, but I've seen goood and plenty candy fired from one, and combos snacks from a paintball gun.  Obviously they both have to be single loaded.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
College buddy of mine paid 350 for an M16A1 I believe it was. His response was generally "Yeah, but it was full-auto!" as he rolled his fingertips together. I was like for an extra 200, you could build an AR. I was always the one spending my extra money on my muscle car or guns, of course. At least when I buy guns I will have something to pass down to my kids, not some damn toy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
College buddy of mine paid 350 for an M16A1 I believe it was. His response was generally "Yeah, but it was full-auto!" as he rolled his fingertips together. I was like for an extra 200, you could build an AR. I was always the one spending my extra money on my muscle car or guns, of course. At least when I buy guns I will have something to pass down to my kids, not some damn toy.

I just love how some of my students who have never shot a gun try to talk to me about guns because they have been playing Battlefield 2/ Rainbow Six / Halo or some other nonsense.  I mean, how much money have they sunk into an XBOX 360 and games?  What could I buy with that?  How many $89 SKSs could I order and outfit my neighborhood?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I just love how some of my students who have never shot a gun try to talk to me about guns because they have been playing Battlefield 2/ Rainbow Six / Halo or some other nonsense.  I mean, how much money have they sunk into an XBOX 360 and games?  What could I buy with that?  How many $89 SKSs could I order and outfit my neighborhood?

would you really want to arm a playstation commando with a real gun?  Judging from the stupid shit they say, they would be far more dangerous than any bad guy.

One thing i notice whenever an airsoft kiddie ever picks up a gun is the finger goes STRAIGHT to the trigger
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

would you really want to arm a playstation commando with a real gun?  Judging from the stupid shit they say, they would be far more dangerous than any bad guy.

One thing i notice whenever an airsoft kiddie ever picks up a gun is the finger goes STRAIGHT to the trigger

I hear ya... the first thing I ask someone before they touch any of my guns (unloaded of coarse) is if they play airsoft. If they say yes, I say NO!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope you correct them. Not cool to just let them go on with dangerous behavior they believe to be acceptable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It was a Glock 19 with nearly identical construction to the real thing.  But I checked, the chamber is fully supported on this one.

One of the instructors from my dojang holds a force-on-force class once a month at the dojang.  Takeaways, retention, using cover . . . supposedly we are going to cover all of the windows with mattresses to black out the place and practice identifying targets in the dark with lights.  There will also be wrestling for those of us who have ground fighting experience.  Should be fun.

DUPE!

Meanwhile...20 Dead Black Belts Later...  

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUPE!

Meanwhile...20 Dead Black Belts Later...  

now thats a funny stuff.
is there a belt type ranking in pistol jitsu?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Paintballs a bit messy....... I would get sim kit, but they are a bit expensive

img233.imageshack.us/img233/9261/mspa260yw.jpg

Sim kit on n Angel??????  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Paintballs a bit messy....... I would get sim kit, but they are a bit expensive

img233.imageshack.us/img233/9261/mspa260yw.jpg

Sim kit on n Angel??????  

I meant for my AR

I wouldnt mess up my angel, even though now it is worth about 250 on ebay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top