Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:42:51 AM EDT
Are the new weapons/maps worth buying the game?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
absolutley.   I love the new unlocks.   the night maps are not the greatest but they still have several new maps that are pretty good.      

btw   the SF maps are bigger, and require more computing power.  So make sure you have a high end gaming system otherwise you will be forced to upgrade. because of a 29 dollar  expansion.

a couple clan members have had to upgrade the video cards due the the latest screwup of a patch 1.2.    its well worth it though
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
absolutley.   I love the new unlocks.   the night maps are not the greatest but they still have several new maps that are pretty good.      

btw   the SF maps are bigger, and require more computing power.  So make sure you have a high end gaming system otherwise you will be forced to upgrade. because of a 29 dollar  expansion.

a couple clan members have had to upgrade the video cards due the the latest screwup of a patch 1.2.    its well worth it though

Hmm, well my video card is not even on the BF2 list of workable cards, but it plays it fine on low settings. If SF is even more demanding I might not be able to play it. Hell I might just get it for the new weapons.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The zip lines and grapple hooks are fun as well as the new maps.  I mainly play the day maps, don't like the night maps as much.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
a new video card would should be on your to buy list.  you should also have at least 1gb of ram, just to be safe.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes.  it's a hoot!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  it's a hoot!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
a new video card would should be on your to buy list.  you should also have at least 1gb of ram, just to be safe.  

A video card upgrade will have to wait. My board doesn't have an AGP or PCI-E slot, so I would have to upgrade my motherboard as well.

My system:
2.66Ghz, 1gig ram, nvidia FX 5500 OC 256mb PCI card.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A video card upgrade will have to wait. My board doesn't have an AGP or PCI-E slot, so I would have to upgrade my motherboard as well.

My system:
2.66Ghz, 1gig ram, nvidia FX 5500 OC 256mb PCI card.

You could always overclock the hell out of it
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
what model Dell is it

if its a "big store" brand computer you won't be able to upgrade much (as you have seen).   if you do you will just burn up their cheap 250 watt powersupply one after another

I would suggest saving toward a real gaming system.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#11]
^Yep its a dell. I'll upgrade it eventuall when I get enough cash together. Get a new motherboard, power supply, and card and I should be alright.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
^Yep its a dell. I'll upgrade it eventuall when I get enough cash together. Get a new motherboard, power supply, and card and I should be alright.

Just be careful, and check to make sure your plans will work before you try upgrading a dell.

I got myself into a mess like that once, it seems like everything about those damn things is proprietary, standard pwr supplies wouldn't fit in the case, the motherboard was a piece of crap, I needed Dell RAM...

I ended up just building a whole new machine, it was easier than trying to upgrade that damn Dell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top