Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 1:05:17 AM EDT
For the PC. The first one was outstanding -- the best jungle warfare I've ever played -- but suffered from nasty bugs and bad mission scripting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I didnt know they even made a 2, I'll go look for it
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
vietcong 2 is poorly made sadly. crappy frame rates no matter what hardware you have. don't bother. its sad really but the developers are lazy fools.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have it.  If EB games would take PC games in on trade it would be gone.  If you catch it in a bargain bin then its ok, but a wast of money otherwise.  The only thing it has over the orignial is better looking weapon models (but the M16 sights are worse. The rear sight is missing)

The BEST thing about the original was the Jungle missions.  You had to look out for booby traps and it almost felt like you were on a patrol creeping along.  It was more tense in a psychological way vs Call of Duty where you were constantly assaulted by the enemy.

Maybe an expansion will come out later with better jungle missions, but until then i'd hunt for the first one.  Vietcong 1 has been the ONLY Vietnam based game i've played that i actually injoyed.  Men of Valor was poo on a punji.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top