Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 5:18:50 AM EDT
Due to the packet loss we are getting with our server. AOWC is assigning us a new IP address as I type this.

I'll post it as soon as it becomes available as well as IM the guys on X-Fire.

Hopefully this will take care of the lag problems we've been having.

I kept the server in Dallas to try and compensate for both coasts.

[AR15]casajump

*** Update ***

OLD IP 72.36.157.161:16567

NEW IP   72.36.157.17:16567

Hopefully we can get enough people on tonight to give it a good test!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#1]
i should be there. thanks for the update

ignore my im.   this answered my question
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#2]
do you mind If I play?

I can bring my clanmates 4-6 of them

Gary
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
do you mind If I play?

I can bring my clanmates 4-6 of them

Gary

heck ya! join us!

hopefully the new IP will be in effect for tonight. looks like the old one is still online as well
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
here is what I'm getting with the new IP

You guys try it out!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#5]
what was is before
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what was is before

not exactly sure, some guys were seeing lost packets.

hope it's fixed now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm averaging 54ms w/ 0% loss
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
i just did a ping -t   on both servers and both are staying around 42-43ms   timing.
the new server varied a little more, that could be cause people are actually on the server though

of course this is at my work computer.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I went back and tried updating any of my posts with the old IP. As to not confuse anyone, checking out older posts. I suggest others update their old posts also.

We had problems when members were still trying to log into OLD TeamSpeak servers/ IP address that we aren't using anymore. I fixed/updated those posts.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I just played on the server and it was a much better experience than the last time with the old IP address. Nice server !!!FUN!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:25:07 PM EDT
[#11]
cool server, can I join [AR15]?

how do I add [AR15] to my game name?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks

last night you fuckers earned me 2 purple hearts........

that was some of the most annoying piloting I have ever seen. spawn, die, spawn get blown up, spawn get run over, spawn arty, spawn tank, spawn c4, spawn gunship,spawn repeat cycle.........

I must really suck!

WW_Ground_lbr

had a blast, literally

Gary
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:12:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
cool server, can I join [AR15]?

how do I add [AR15] to my game name?

im using a pic  relik posted previously

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Map/Server was full a couple of times as I was flying. Smooth as silk with no lag.

Hope it conitinues!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah the server ran a lot better last night.  A good time was had by all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
+1 on it running better. Was able to fly for the 1st time without it jumping around.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I am having no problem getting on the new server using the join IP button, my ping is low and the jerkiness is gone.  However, no matter how i do it I cannot find the BRD server on the list of servers.  I've let it sit for 5 minutes d/l servers until it says it is finished and yet there is no [AR15] server on the list when sorted for alpha/num.  Are there leading spaces or something?

If I could just get it to my favorites w/o using the list this question would be moot.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am having no problem getting on the new server using the join IP button, my ping is low and the jerkiness is gone.  However, no matter how i do it I cannot find the BRD server on the list of servers.  I've let it sit for 5 minutes d/l servers until it says it is finished and yet there is no [AR15] server on the list when sorted for alpha/num.  Are there leading spaces or something?

If I could just get it to my favorites w/o using the list this question would be moot.

when you click on multiplayer it begins the server update. Click stop.

Then click on connect to IP. enter this number: 72.36.157.17 ,with periods in place.

The game should connect you to the server.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I just joined up last night.  I invited everyone who was on the xfire list to be on my buddy list so if you got a message asking for an invite, now you know who it was.   I'm looking foward to playing with you guyshug.gif.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then click on connect to IP. enter this number: 72.36.157.17 ,with periods in place.

Check your filter settings as well. Make sure you just don't have small maps checked, etc.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

lets see if you can ping the server

go to start then run>  type cmd  then press enter.   the dos shell will display.    type ping  72.36.157.17   at see what happens
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read what he wrote again...

-d
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Remove some of the servers from your favorites. You should see it show up in the listing of favorites. BF2 automatically adds all recently played servers to your list, but it tops out at a certain number. You have to actually make a server your favorite for it to stick to the top. It will be a different color too after you do that.

-d
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#24]
OK it is fixed.  Once I played it it went automatically into the favorites as Dizza said.  I have zero problems getting on the server and the ping is LOW.  The only prob was that the server list did nto show it.  About 2 this afternoon, after numerous "refresh"es it finally started showing up on "the server list"

On a related note, what do red servers mean?  I know what the green text means, but not the red.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OK it is fixed.  Once I played it it went automatically into the favorites as Dizza said.  I have zero problems getting on the server and the ping is LOW.  The only prob was that the server list did nto show it.  About 2 this afternoon, after numerous "refresh"es it finally started showing up on "the server list"

On a related note, what do red servers mean?  I know what the green text means, but not the red.

It means they are unranked.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Red should mean that it's not the same patch version.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If they show red in the favorites, it means the server isn't running or not longer there.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top