Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 3:40:36 PM EDT
I just went out and bought BF2 and the freking thing wont intsall. I Have shut all my background programs off as best as I could and it will lock up when I put the second disk in. Im thinking it might be my norton that is screwing things up. I cant close out the CCAPP.exe program for some reason. Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see you are on top of things!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You need a couple of gigs free hard drive space on the C: drive for the install.

Even though the drive you may be installing the game on could be different.

What videocard do you have?
What is the freespace on C:?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 256 invidia 6800. how do I see how much freespace I have on my hardrive?  It says I have 1.92 gigs of virtual memory and 213 megs of available physical memory. When I try to install it the whole install locks up and I have to ctrl alt del to get rid of it. I have 11.4 gigs tied up in movies. You think if I got rid of them that might work? On the system information page it says I have 112 gigs of freespace on my C: drive out of 140gigs

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By John Parker:
I have a 256 invidia 6800. how do I see how much freespace I have on my hardrive?  It says I have 1.92 gigs of virtual memory and 213 megs of available physical memory. When I try to install it the whole install locks up and I have to ctrl alt del to get rid of it. I have 11.4 gigs tied up in movies. You think if I got rid of them that might work? On the system information page it says I have 112 gigs of freespace on my C: drive out of 140gigs

Try shutting down all the processes under task manager that is not "system" or "local service". If that doesn't work I couldn't tell  you what to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a few things you can try.  First and foremost (don't take offense) make sure the cd's are super clean.  Next, make sure you have all the current windows updates installed on your computer.  If that doesn't work, try installing the game with the computer in safemode (this will shutdown your norton and a bunch of other tasks you don't need running while installing).  I had a similar problem to this when trying to install FARCRY when it came out.  It turned out to be a service pack 2 problem and the only way t get around it was to delete sp2 and reinstall it.  Hopefully this is not the case for you.  If these things don't work im me and I'll think of some other things to try.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Run this little program.

You need to use Internet Explorer. You will need to install a small java ActiveX application to check out your PC hardware. Your Pop-Up blocker will stop it from running, let it install.

Select Battlefield 2 PC from the drop down menu.

Let us know the results.

www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top