Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 5:13:17 PM EDT
I'm sure there have been more than a few threads started about the pros and cons of using an Airsoft knockoff vice the "real deal". Generally an arguement of sacrificing quality for price.

Anywho... I thought I'd try to get a thread going here with all of the ACCESSORY knockoffs in one place. I'm by no means an Airsoft expert, but once in a while I see an Airsoft "toy" that I would consider buying as opposed to the real deal (because of price).

For anyone adding items into this thread, please limit it to ACCESSORIES. I'll define that as being:
- Scopes/optics/sites and mounts
- Handguards
- Foregrips/Pistol Grips
- Flashlights
- Lasers
- Mono- Bi- tri-pods

In other words... NO GUNS!!!

So here goes... I'm not going to get it all done in one night... I'll work on it as I have time. I'll add any new information into the original post.

Depending on the response of this thread I'll see if it's worth having it tacked and/or moved to the AR Accessories forum.

OPTICS

Here's a link to an Airsoft retail site that seems to carry quite a bit of everything. WGC Shop

Aimpoint Clone:
HAKKO TacPoint: A knockoff of the Aimpoint CompM2-series scopes. There are plenty of other knockoffs of the Aimpoint as well. The TacPoint seems to get the most discussion around here because it's considered by some to be a "real weapon-grade" optic.

TACPOINT FAQ. Everything you want to know and a few things you don't

ACOG Clone:
I'm not sure there is a recognizable name-brand of the ACOG Clones. Action, G&P, and Guarder...
This is a snippet from a post made by ARFCOM Member captrichardson. Thanks for your work.
Source Thread

Action
www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=18365
www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviewpost/showproduct.php/product/144/cat/52

G&P
www.uncompany.com/pageproduct.asp?subcatid=44
www.airsoft-armory.com/Catalog.aspx?CatalogType=ProductDetails&productID=GP035

Guarder / Maruzen
www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t25441.html

Major Suppliers
www.redwolfairsoft.com
www.airsoft-armory.com

EOTech:
None that I've seen to date. If anyone has one please post it.

Leupold MkIV CQ/T:
Guarder 4x28 Tri-Rail Scope

ELCAN:
Samurai Elcan Style 3.4x Optical Sight

...more to come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top