Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 11:59:17 PM EDT
My son  is crazy about the game with my knowledge of history and weapons I have helped him flank machine guns, drive tanks, and even use a sniper rifle. Now he is stuck trying to get through the Siegfried Line and does not make it through the other side, he is using either a crappy M1 carbine or a K98 sniper rifle, but is limited to about 20 rounds with the sniper rifle, he is caught behind these tank teeth stoppers and wicked crossfire from towers, any tips out there to navigate through the Line in one piece. Thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW the PS2 version
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Any help out there...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I dont have COD2 for PS2.

Try searching for

COD2 PS2 Walkthrough
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry I dont have COD2 for PS2.

Try searching for

COD2 PS2 Walkthrough

Tried searching for walkthroughs, nothing, can you post a link?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't played COD2 yet, but in COD1 (as with most video games of this sort), you have to take a certain line to get through.  He may need to back up and approach from another side or change the order in which he shoots the bad guys.  The M1 carbine is not my first choice of weapons in COD either, try using a Garand if he can get that- one shot will usually do the trick whereas the carbine can take 2-3.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
What about smoke?  If he has smoke canisters he can throw them out to diffuse the line of fire from the towers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Smoke is an option but I gotta find the cache and that M1 is a crap gun you really need to commandeer a .50cal or an MG42 and make splinters and toothpicks outta those towers, just a wicked crossfire from the towers and the right flank are keeping me from entering Germany
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#8]
U might have to go back a few parts and pick up a better weapon if U can do that in the game and make sure your life is good before saving if that helps. I have not played CODI in ahwile.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Can he move up along the concrete blocks?  Move up one, heal, move up... etc?

The 360 version, the player heals automatically.  Don't know about the PS2.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#10]
kill'em all
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:48:19 AM EDT
[#11]
i just finished it yesterday.

what part are you having trouble with?

dragons teeth?  find the break in the wire, to the right of the road, use 3-5 second rush ("im up, he sees me, im down") and snipe the guys on the '42s till you get all the way up.  

I made it thru to the bunkers with just a bolt action, didnt use the carbine.

steal a kraut subbie asap.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i just finished it yesterday.

what part are you having trouble with?

dragons teeth?  find the break in the wire, to the right of the road, use 3-5 second rush ("im up, he sees me, im down") and snipe the guys on the '42s till you get all the way up.  

I made it thru to the bunkers with just a bolt action, didnt use the carbine.

steal a kraut subbie asap.

My son smoked everything until the dragon's teeth, then he got stuck, it is a wicked crossfire from the mg42s on the towers and an attack from the left flank...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Yout have to spend some time working on the tower guys or they'll chop you up. Work from left to right. Each tower will have 2 soldiers in it and they'll be replaced when you kill them up to 4 times each I think. SO take those sniper shots nice and slowly. After you get the left tower (from a very long distance-not from beside the tank) then you can move up and use the tank while shooting the second tower guards. Kill them THEN move to the entrace.  The one to take is the one directly to the right of the tank. If I remember right , the third tower guards open up fire once you are in the teeth of the dragon. There are also a number of soldiers that will enter from the other side. Most of your guys will take them out but you do need to make a few kills. Finally you have the gunner on the hill to contend with. He's tough so take your time and stay in cover as much as possible. I try and work my way behind the tower and flank him somewhat. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yout have to spend some time working on the tower guys or they'll chop you up. Work from left to right. Each tower will have 2 soldiers in it and they'll be replaced when you kill them up to 4 times each I think. SO take those sniper shots nice and slowly. After you get the left tower (from a very long distance-not from beside the tank) then you can move up and use the tank while shooting the second tower guards. Kill them THEN move to the entrace.  The one to take is the one directly to the right of the tank. If I remember right , the third tower guards open up fire once you are in the teeth of the dragon. There are also a number of soldiers that will enter from the other side. Most of your guys will take them out but you do need to make a few kills. Finally you have the gunner on the hill to contend with. He's tough so take your time and stay in cover as much as possible. I try and work my way behind the tower and flank him somewhat. Hope that helps.

I will try that...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:54:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will try that...

Sure did take your advice, my son made it and got the last MG42 in the bunker and believe it or not it was the end of the game. thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, no problem. I'm glad I could help. I didn't want to tell you it was the end. That was one of hte best games I've ever played. I can't wait for the next one!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yup, no problem. I'm glad I could help. I didn't want to tell you it was the end. That was one of hte best games I've ever played. I can't wait for the next one!

My son saw the x360 version with the British 8th fighting the Afrika Korps, I hope they have soem expansion type with that same scenario. Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top