Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 7:10:11 PM EDT
forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14052&sid=d0dac84ec97848d2c0c1ec606693c002

Some good, some bad.

Guided missles and helicopter rockets need to remain.    Not because I love flying the helicopter as much as I do.    But because the damn missles are terribly under powered, 3 hits to kill an APC and sometimes 6 to kill a tank is retarded.     Not to mention taking 6-7 direct hits with rockets to kill another helicopter.

Wonder how the Anti-tank kit has been nerfed.    It can only get less accurate because as it stands now the damn rocket is the best sniper tool for killing people stay motionless, I even hit running people with my anti tank missles while playing.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
-- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ah crap, I don't think I will like this.

So in other words, it will be even harder to stay alive and get kills in a chopper.

What is "prone spamming"?

As for support adjustment, they aren't accurate as it is, and in real life it isn't like they can't hit a target :P
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as it stops the frequent lockup problem with 1.12, I am all for it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, hope it happens sooner than later.

It'll help us in the Tournament. Those guys bunny hop and dolphin dive like crazy in the tournaments matches. This will even it out more for us, as we don't really do that crap when we play.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

woohoo!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I just hope it doesn't effect my ability to jump and throw nades.    Jump and shooting, I do it but only when I have the DAO and I'm in close quarters.    Usually I'll jump over boxes or sandbag walls to blast whatever is on the other side as I'm coming down.

But the other night, Redhorse and I were getting our asses kicked by a guy with a damn sniper rifle doing a dolphin dive/jump/shoot all at the same time.      Fucking pissed us both off to no end.

You can seriously improve the distance of your throw if you time the jump just right.    More than 1/2 of my throws with grenades will come with an appropriately timed jump, especially on Karkland where I know how to really ream people with grenades if I'm on the US side as support.

And throwing flash bangs in SF is really fouled up and you are almost gauranteed to flashbang yourself if you do not jump when you throw.    The throw for the flashbang is way FUBAR unless you jump.

As for the helicopters and jets, look like they will become even more easy to shoot down.    Probably will be able to down a helicopter with any of the mounted machine guns before they overheat now, unlike before where you had to let them cool off before finishing off a chopper.

Might be able to 2 shot a blackhawk now with the anti-tank kit which is good.

But I firmly believe that the helicopter should still have 14 rockets unless they up the damage they can do upon impact.     Maybe not 3 reloads of 14 rockets, make the chopper reload at an air strip after doing a total of 24 rockets fired in two salvos.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That would be nice, I didn't know anyone else has having that problem besides me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be nice, I didn't know anyone else has having that problem besides me.

I know several other that are besides me.  We are not alone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Can anybody describe "the sprint exploit"?  I'm not sure I've encountered it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
At least give us some damn splash damage on the helicopter rockets (and I wish they'd learn the difference between a rocket and a missle...).

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Normally you can't reload while sprinting, but if you hit reload and then sprint, it'll finish reloading as you run.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Normally you can't reload while sprinting, but if you hit reload and then sprint, it'll finish reloading as you run.  

Oh.  I do that all the time.  D'oh!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh.  I do that all the time.  D'oh!  

No that isn't it.

Don't worry, patch will fix the reload thing:
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled

Sprint exploit:
When you have about 2-3 bars of stamina, start sprinting (sprinting takes a minimum of like 2) and then jump mid-sprint. You will be moving at the same speed and when you hit the ground, do it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top