Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/7/2005 6:17:00 AM EDT
I know of a few people already including myself.  Anyone else?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]

There were 50 threads here describing the ripoffs in detail.

You know to check in here first.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

There were 50 threads here describing the ripoffs in detail.

You know to check in here first.

I'm sorry I was vague.  I don't mean Ebay, I meant E.B. Games.

I edited the thread title as well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#3]
A friend of mine got his from Gamestop, and technically they own EB games, so I dunno.

I got my 360 through my workplace though, I figured that there would be trouble with the pre-orders on those sites.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend and I pre-ordered in person on July 20.  I even asked the lady if we were guaranteed the systems on the release date and she said “You’ll have them on the
release date as long as you have them pre-ordered”

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A friend and I pre-ordered in person on July 20.  I even asked the lady if we were guaranteed the systems on the release date and she said “You’ll have them on the
release date as long as you have them pre-ordered”

Was told the same thing (ordered mine July 10) at the Gamestop.

Unfortunately, when the shipments were announced, the date was pushed back to May 30 that the preorder had to be in.

Oh well.  I'm not worried about it.  If I get mine before Christmas (which is a real possiblity), the 360 will be going on Ebay
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#6]
i preordered my from Best Buy.com  Saved myself waiting in long lines and got it couple days after the launch date.  Plus I didnt have to preOrder years (sarcasm) in advance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you guys seen the prices for the Gamestop bundles NOW?? $1000 and $1500.  Usurious fuckers.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I got mine.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Had I known I was going to get fucked by EB Games I would have pre-ordered with BestBuy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#10]
The x360 is A bullshit lie.
They should call it Xbox 1.5
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ok.  This should be interesting...  Why do you say that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does the 360 do that any of the current generation systems don't do?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Faster graphics rendering.  MP3 player.  Has a wicked remote
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to look at the specs before you start popping off at the mouth.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There isn't much real power in 360, or the PS3.  Megagames did an in depth article about how they are outdated compared to current technology, and they have to last the normal console life cycle of 5 years which will make them really antiquated.  Both Microsoft and Sony went cheap this time.

Let's face it, PCs with processors a couple times faster, more and faster RAM, and state of the art SLIed video cards can't run a game on at HDTV resolution with all of the graphics settings turned up in the latest games.  How is the 360 going to compete when it falls so far short in comparison.  5 years from now I bet 60% of households will have an HDTV, and where do you think people will want to play games?  And lower resolutions on big HDTV screens suck, my current xbox, while still fun, looks lame with huge pixels because it's running at a quarter of the screen's resolution.

I think Nintendo is going to take back the crown since they delayed launch.  If Nintendo waits 1-2 years and comes out with a box that really looks good on HDTV, and remember GPUs and CPUs should be fast and cheaper as more time goes by, they will take back the crown.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#16]
limitations of a tv display.

but regardless of that it really comes down to the games
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Faster graphics rendering.  MP3 player.  Has a wicked remote

$400 grapics upgrade?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Specs don't mean shit.
Show me the games.
The 360 does nothing the X-box already does, Except possibly look better after you shell out A few grand for A HDTV.
Perhaps you don't realise it but you have been playing the same games since the PS1 came out.
The 360 & the PS3 will simply be more of the same.
Have fun with Halo 24 and GTA 273.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think Nintendo is going to take back the crown since they delayed launch.  If Nintendo waits 1-2 years and comes out with a box that really looks good on HDTV, and remember GPUs and CPUs should be fast and cheaper as more time goes by, they will take back the crown.

Nintendo's console (Revolution) will not be able to compete with the 360 & PS3 horsepower wise.
Also the Revolution, according to Nintendo, will only suppourt 420P I beleive...Witch is what the Game Cube's maximum output is now.
The current reports/roumers are that the Revolution will only be 2x the power of the game cube.
This does not sound like much but remember that the Cube is almost as powerfull as the current X-Box.
(& for those who doubt the power of the GC I point to RE4 & laugh at you)
What is going to make or break the Revolution will be it's new controller.
Link to  article with pictures
Please read the  article before you pass judgement on the controller.
Unlike Sony & MS, Nintendo is going in A different direction.
Thank God for Nintendo...Finally, Something different.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nintendo's console (Revolution) will not be able to compete with the 360 & PS3 horsepower wise.
Also the Revolution, according to Nintendo, will only suppourt 420P I beleive...Witch is what the Game Cube's maximum output is now.
The current reports/roumers are that the Revolution will only be 2x the power of the game cube.
This does not sound like much but remember that the Cube is almost as powerfull as the current X-Box.
(& for those who doubt the power of the GC I point to RE4 & laugh at you)
What is going to make or break the Revolution will be it's new controller.
Link to  article with pictures
Please read the  article before you pass judgement on the controller.
Unlike Sony & MS, Nintendo is going in A different direction.
Thank God for Nintendo...Finally, Something different.

Looks interesting.  I wont pass judgement until I try it out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Real gamers will own all of the systems.  Everyone else is just a poser.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Specs don't mean shit.
Show me the games.
The 360 does nothing the X-box already does, Except possibly look better after you shell out A few grand for A HDTV.
Perhaps you don't realise it but you have been playing the same games since the PS1 came out.

Well, unfortunately the same is true on PC.

BF2, HL2, and COD 2 all come to mind instantly.

Let's face it, the gaming industry is sucking itself dry on the sequel tit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Specs don't mean shit.
Show me the games.

Well, unfortunately the same is true on PC.

BF2, HL2, and COD 2 all come to mind instantly.

Let's face it, the gaming industry is sucking itself dry on the sequel tit.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sequels.  As long as the words in the titles include Final and Fantasy, or Metal Gear, they will definately be good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sequels.  As long as the words in the titles include Final and Fantasy, or Metal Gear, they will definately be good.

At least someone around here has a sense of humor in this thread.

Though we all know FF is coming to the 360 in sequel from...  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought the XBox360's claim to fame was its use of multiple (3?) processors.  That is why no PC system will keep up with it.  RAM amount and CPU clock spped, by themselves, were nothing spectacular.  

I could be wrong, but there WAS a difference.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I thought the XBox360's claim to fame was its use of multiple (3?) processors.  That is why no PC system will keep up with it.  RAM amount and CPU clock spped, by themselves, were nothing spectacular.  

Believe it is a Tri-Core processor....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A slow tri-core powerPC processor they bought due to price, not power.  And the PS3 uses a different version of the same processor.  Any most games will not take advantage of the tri-core setup.

Nothing innovative, and with the trend toward media center type of PCs, the console idea might be at an end.

People hacked the xbox for two main reasons, one is to copy games illegally, but the other common use is to add functionality like xbox media center, web browser, emulators and other applications.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A slow tri-core powerPC processor they bought due to price, not power.  And the PS3 uses a different version of the same processor.  Any most games will not take advantage of the tri-core setup.

Nothing innovative, and with the trend toward media center type of PCs, the console idea might be at an end.

People hacked the xbox for two main reasons, one is to copy games illegally, but the other common use is to add functionality like xbox media center, web browser, emulators and other applications.

Yup.  Believe I saw a modded Xbox on the Screen Savers (befored it was gheyified by G4) that showed an XBOX running Linux...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  Believe I saw a modded Xbox on the Screen Savers (befored it was gheyified by G4) that showed an XBOX running Linux...

Oh, and don't forget, every hacked console system is dollars lost for MS or Sony because the people that hack, wether to pirate, or use for legitimate reasons, don't buy games.  And consoles are sold at a loss.  They need to add functionality, and sell them at a profit or at cost.  The old original gaming console model won't continue to work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
.  And the PS3 uses a different version of the same processor.

Incorrect.
The PS3 is using A brand new processor.
They have named it "cell", It will destroy the 360's proc flat out no question.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#31]
wait till ps3 is out before spoutin off about it Sony is well known for spouting off bloated specs way ahead of time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Could this be the first ever War Games thread to end up in the pit???

I'll stick with upgrading my pc.I will kick any console gamers virtual ass on just about any FPS.COD2 looks cool on the Xbox 360,but not good enough to justify me spending $400 + the cost of games.

Sucks that you guys got shafted from EB Games.Those cumburpers most likely pulled them off the pre-order list to sell at a inflated cost on EBay.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I saw people camped out for them at Bestbuy today
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.

Not false.
Premature perhaps but not false.
The PS3 will be more powerfull than the 360.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.

Not false.

Maybe on paper, but the cell isnt going to "destroy" anything.

It is just a modified PowerPC core.  Nothing special, just the sony propaganda machine and extra flavored kool-aid makes everyone else think so.  It is kinda cool, but nothing revolutionary, like sony would have you believe.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:25 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.

Not false.

Maybe on paper, but the cell isnt going to "destroy" anything.

It is just a modified PowerPC core.  Nothing special, just the sony propaganda machine and extra flavored kool-aid makes everyone else think so.  It is kinda cool, but nothing revolutionary, like sony would have you believe.

LoL.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.

Not false.

And the fan boy has left the gate... Going where we have no idea...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Let's face it, PCs with processors a couple times faster, more and faster RAM, and state of the art SLIed video cards can't run a game on at HDTV resolution with all of the graphics settings turned up in the latest games.  How is the 360 going to compete when it falls so far short in comparison.

Apples and oranges.  A PC with a sub-GHz celeron and the same "specs" as an XBOX would choke and die on the games that an XBOX handles easily.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's face it, PCs with processors a couple times faster, more and faster RAM, and state of the art SLIed video cards can't run a game on at HDTV resolution with all of the graphics settings turned up in the latest games.  How is the 360 going to compete when it falls so far short in comparison.

Apples and oranges.  A PC with a sub-GHz celeron and the same "specs" as an XBOX would choke and die on the games that an XBOX handles easily.

+1

Another reason the xbox360 can compete -

Xbox360 - $400

PC capable of displaying visuals and effects close to the 360 - at least $2500

Like he said, apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Incorrect.

False.

Not false.

And the fan boy has left the gate... Going where we have no idea...

A sony fan boy?
Please.
You will fine exactally 2 sony products in my house.
A broken PS1 & a mini-disk player.
I will admit to beeing A SNK (Neo-Geo) fanboy, But that is about it.
I have A serious dislike for sony products, Mostly coz they are shit, But it is quite simple really, PS3 > 360 from A tecnological standpoint.
Like I said before, Show me the games.
Sony has shown us realtime MGS4, I am impressed, But then again it's Metal Gear.
We really won't see what the 360 can do untill Gears of War comes out in A few months.
I have not really written either system off as that nothing we have seen really showes us what is possible.
But I stand by the fact that it will be mostly the same experience, With A pretty face tho.
But at the same time that does not mean thet some great games won't come out for bolth.
I just want something new, & I think their are A lot of people who agree, Just look at the DS.
I would like to see the Revolution have the same effect, But I don't have much hope.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

A sony fan boy?
Please.
I have A serious dislike for sony products, Mostly coz they are shit, But it is quite simple really, PS3 > 360 from A tecnological standpoint.
Sony has shown us realtime MGS4, I am impressed, But then again it's Metal Gear.
We really won't see what the 360 can do untill Gears of War comes out in A few months.
I have not really written either system off as that nothing we have seen really showes us what is possible.
But I stand by the fact that it will be mostly the same experience, With A pretty face tho.
But at the same time that does not mean thet some great games won't come out for bolth.
I just want something new, & I think their are A lot of people who agree, Just look at the DS.
I am hoping that the Revoloution will have the same effect, But I don't have much hope.

From a technilogical standpoint, as you said, the PS3 is gonna be a bitch to code for.

Of course we won't see what the 360 can do till it's been on the shelf a while.  Same will be with the PS3, the launch games won't take FULL advantage of the hardware for a while.

That being said, you bash the 360 just because of specs.  Definition of Fan Boy.

Please my ass about "I don't have any sony products... yadda yadda"

As for the games: currently COD2 is very nice on the 360.  I will admit playing it on the PC is more inclined for that style of game, BUT, playing it in 1080i on my wide screen is way cool  

I do agree, the entertainment industry is stagnating.  Time will only tell if what cool new toys will be coming out...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A sony fan boy?
Please.
I am hoping that the Revoloution will have the same effect, But I don't have much hope.

From a technilogical standpoint, as you said, the PS3 is gonna be a bitch to code for.

Of course we won't see what the 360 can do till it's been on the shelf a while.  Same will be with the PS3, the launch games won't take FULL advantage of the hardware for a while.

That being said, you bash the 360 just because of specs.  Definition of Fan Boy.

Please my ass about "I don't have any sony products... yadda yadda"

As for the games: currently COD2 is very nice on the 360.  I will admit playing it on the PC is more inclined for that style of game, BUT, playing it in 1080i on my wide screen is way cool  

I do agree, the entertainment industry is stagnating.  Time will only tell if what cool new toys will be coming out...

PS2 was a "bitch" to program for yet they still got  the good games.
And bashing the 360 specs make me a fanboy?
Sure, ok.
I get the same feeling from the PS3.
I did not say I do not own any sony products, I own 2.
Reading is good.
Don't get me started on the FPS, Instead re-read my "more of the same" statement, That does not mean they are not good games,. They just do nothing new.
The only people who really care about HD are people who own HD Tv's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Sure, ok.
Reading is good.
Don't get me started on the FPS, Instead re-read my "more of the same" statement, That does not mean they are not good games,. They just do nothing new.

PS2 got the good games because of the attitude of Japanese developers towards American consoles.

The only developer who really has broken ties is Sega.  A few others are starting to cross over, but they still really don't care.

Yes bashing the 360 PURELY on specs is fanboy-ish.  If you played half of the current available library and the new features and then said you didn't like it, I would respect that.

Just to run your mouth because you can or you think you know how the 360 sucks?  

I still agree with you, very few ORIGINAL titles are coming out.  Maybe if you would read yourself, you would see my post about the developers sucking from the sequel tit (RE: EA GAMES!!! Square Enix... I could go on...)

As long as people keep buying this crap, the developers will keep putting it out...  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ok.
Reading is good.

PS2 got the good games because of the attitude of Japanese developers towards American consoles.

The only developer who really has broken ties is Sega.  A few others are starting to cross over, but they still really don't care.

Yes bashing the 360 PURELY on specs is fanboy-ish.  If you played half of the current available library and the new features and then said you didn't like it, I would respect that.

I still agree with you, very few ORIGINAL titles are coming out.  Maybe if you would read yourself, you would see my post about the developers sucking from the sequel tit (RE: EA GAMES!!! Square Enix... I could go on...)

As long as people keep buying this crap, the developers will keep putting it out...  

Oh so now I have never played the 360?
Guess i'll just stop running my mouth then, Ya know, Coz I have never played, Nay, Never seen A real live 360.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ok.
Reading is good.

Guess i'll just stop running my mouth then, Ya know, Coz I have never played, Nay, Never seen A real live 360.

Promise?

You certainly have no clue what you are talking about, so that is definately a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Two letters......."P" and "C"  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Promise?

You certainly have no clue what you are talking about, so that is definately a good idea.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, ok.
Reading is good.

Promise?

Yea I promise, Since you have no idea I'll quit hurting your brain.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Promise?

I find this hilarious.  I don't always agree with adair_usmc or his brash way of telling it how it is, but he usually knows what he is talking about.

All you have done is spout off how bad the hardware is.  You say you've played it, but you haven't made a single statement besides the blanket statement "it's nothing new."

If you gave an honest assessment, such as the games are uninteresting, the controllers are hard to use, the console is acwkard, the software management is bland... something along those lines... you would be a bit more respectable.  As it stands, you have no credibility.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Promise?

I find this hilarious.  I don't always agree with adair_usmc or his brash way of telling it how it is, but he usually knows what he is talking about.

All you have done is spout off how bad the hardware is.  You say you've played it, but you haven't made a single statement besides the blanket statement "it's nothing new."

If you gave an honest assessment, such as the games are uninteresting, the controllers are hard to use, the console is acwkard, the software management is bland... something along those lines... you would be a bit more respectable.  As it stands, you have no credibility.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top