Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/24/2005 9:06:56 PM EDT

SERVER IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN CHANGED! NEW INFO BELOW!

AR15.COM Battlefield 2 RANKED server is ONLINE NOW!
Server Donations link

Server info:
* Ranked Server
* IP: 72.36.157.17 <== New IP addess as of 1/30/06!!
* Port: 16567 (default)
* 32 Player slots

Add the server to your BF2 Favorites!

Contact Admins if you have any questions/problems:
* blueshockey (casajump)
* dizza
* REDHORSE (rellik_remag)

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've looked into it... the best thing to do is find a place that rents "dedicated" servers for stuff like Webhosting. You basically "own" that box and you can install just about anything you want on them. Renting a Ranked server varies in price, but the avg. I've found for a 32 person server is $160 a month! If you go through EA, they charge $8 a slot!

I am all for having our own server. We have over 75 in the clan according to the BF2 tracker. But only maybe 15 of those actually come on the TS server and play with us. I'd love to have our own server that we could monitor and be in charge of. Would be a definite plus if we keep challenging other clans and stuff.

If you guys are willing to help with the costs every month, I'll try to find the best deal around for us, with something located in the mid-west area to keep speeds decent for those on both coasts.

-d
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I rented an AA server for us a long long time ago. Several players helped pay for the upkeep. Thanks! But, it was hardly used much. So, it was cancelled after a few months.

Someone else can handle the Treasurer position. I'd rather let someone else have the honor. lol

Non-ranked will be much more affordable. Plenty of Ranked servers out there to beat up on public players.

Here is a deal: $50 a month www.branzone.com/branzone/specials/specials.php

BF2 Competition Special #3 Available: [ Any Location ]
• 20 Player Private Unranked Server
• FREE in game VOIP!
• FREE Battlerecorder!
• FREE High CPU Priority!
• FREE 20 slot Ventrilo Server
• FREE 500MB Webhosting ( Host your clan forums and roster! )
• FREE Installation ( No ridiculous installation fee's! )
Monthly Price: $50.00

Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I rented an AA server for us a long long time ago. Several players helped pay for the upkeep. Thanks! But, it was hardly used much. So, it was cancelled after a few months.

Someone else can handle the Treasurer position. I'd rather let someone else have the honor. lol

Non-ranked will be much more affordable. Plenty of Ranked servers out there to beat up on public players.

Here is a deal: $50 a month www.branzone.com/branzone/specials/specials.php

BF2 Competition Special #3 Available: [ Any Location ]
• 20 Player Private Unranked Server
• FREE in game VOIP!
• FREE Battlerecorder!
• FREE High CPU Priority!
• FREE 20 slot Ventrilo Server
• FREE 500MB Webhosting ( Host your clan forums and roster! )
• FREE Installation ( No ridiculous installation fee's! )
Monthly Price: $50.00

Not a bad deal at all...

Wasn't trying to give you any extra work by being treasurer, just knew that people trusted ya with the money.

I'm always in on anything server cost you guys want to split in the future.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
good idea.  but i will not create a paypal account the only way i would pay is through credit card.   even still I am about to cancel my dsl account.  or just give up online gaming
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
have you  tried cable modem out there cruze?

and ife we tried to rent a server i'd be in on that!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
have you  tried cable modem out there cruze?

out of the question for another 9 or 10 months.  just signed a year agreement for a cheaper rate
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
that sucks man if they can't get it right tell em its a breach of your contract and tellem to fug off and get a cable modem its so much more stable.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I hosted a server I bought at www.velocityserver.com/ and my friend also uses a dedicated server there. They work really well and I live about an hour and a half from them (although you dont need to travel up there to use them). You can do whatever you want on there dedicated server since its a standalone server. They own the hardware but you own everything else. My friend hosts unreal 2004 and teamspeak voip servers. Shou be able to do the same with a battlefeild server for about $90/m

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hosted a server I bought at www.velocityserver.com/
-Foxxz

duron and sempron processors

edit

I could handle a fedora server.  I ran CSS and BF2 server on my 64bit fedora box.  piece o cake
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-Foxxz

edit

I could handle a fedora server.  I ran CSS and BF2 server on my 64bit fedora box.  piece o cake

Yeah.. and you have DSL problems and wouldn't be able to handle more than 16 players :)

-d
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-Foxxz

edit

Yeah.. and you have DSL problems and wouldn't be able to handle more than 16 players :)

-d

oddly enought when i stopped running the server is when all my problems started happeing.  

and yes I started the server back up to see if that fixed the problem

yep  those were the days  

don't worry i wouldn't ever suggest playing on my box  
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I play with another clan (a bunch i've known for years) and we rent a ranked server ATM. The company we go through is Art of war central www.artofwarcentral.com . Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this company. We have had many problems including random crashes, peak time upgrading, and poor support. Although when it is running right the pings are great... when it's running correctly.

Currently we are looking for another server company.

Just a little FYI
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I play with another clan (a bunch i've known for years) and we rent a ranked server ATM. The company we go through is Art of war central www.artofwarcentral.com . Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this company. We have had many problems including random crashes, peak time upgrading, and poor support. Although when it is running right the pings are great... when it's running correctly.

Currently we are looking for another server company.

Just a little FYI

thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll look around for a place that rents a dedicated server.. we could use it for a game server, ts server and a webserver if needed. Only thing that we'd have to figure out if how much bandwidth a normal game server uses in a month. Most dedicated servers have a limit on bandwidth. I would assume it isn't that much.

-d
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Totally forgot that you were the one who did that. I remember you asking if anyone else wanted to take it over. We should totally try to get a BF2 server going. We have WAY more members than we did back in the AA days.

-d
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:09:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-Foxxz

edit

No reason those boxes couldn't handle a battlefield server.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-Foxxz

edit

-Foxxz

Almost 90% of the game servers that you can rent have a Dual Xeon's with 2 gigs of ram atleast. That is what I'm worried about going with a dedicated server. Doubt we can get that much power and still be cheap.

-d
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
-Foxxz

edit

-Foxxz

im just picky thats all
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I need to blend in the start line but still kinda cool.

Scroll with your mouse...

karkand
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#20]
What about AR15.com Servers..then again I dunno if Goatboy would be down for that.

I want to play BF2 so bad, Im building a new PC
Wife can have the HP Pavilian
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I can pay with paypal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#22]
if we rent a server I'd be willing to chip in provided one thing...

The damn server doesn't censor words or kick for using said words.

There are times when using those words are warranted and I really don't want to get kicked for saying, "shit, sorry for the TK".
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#23]
i agree if we rent one cussing should be encouraged or atleast not a kickable offense!!!

of course since im a former sailor cuss words are just normal adverbs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
if we rent a server I'd be willing to chip in provided one thing...

The damn server doesn't censor words or kick for using said words.

There are times when using those words are warranted and I really don't want to get kicked for saying, "shit, sorry for the TK".

i belive that is built into the bf2cc  software.  I could be wrong .   but if we get access to that part of the server.  im sure we can figure it out.   My CSS "server"  you could customing so much stuff it was ridiculous.  You were able to edit out what ever words you wanted or not edit at all.  We would have to post on a bf2 forum to find out for sure
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 4:21:46 AM EDT
[#25]
I figure that it is a server side setting but with some of the hosting companies I think they turn it on by default.

I think Art of War is one of the ones that does it on every single damn server of theirs I have ever been on.

Back when BF1942 was popular it was a lot of fun to turn servers into stunt servers.    We've done that with BF2 already as far as trying to launch things around the map with C4.    But in BF1942 most of the gravity settings had been tweaked as well so that if you simply jumped it would be like being on the moon.    I don't know if you can edit the gravity settings for BF2 or not but it could be fun.

Plus when some mods like the Project Reality Mod come out for BF2 it would be nice to play with some weaponry that isn't so goddamn pathetically inaccurate and when you ambush a squad with the M249 you actually stand a chance of killing the entire lot of them.

We could start running custom maps, I'm gonna do an install of WinXP on a partion of the new harddrive on my new machine that I am building.     With that I'm gonna install the BF2 mod editor and begin working on maps like I used to do with Delta Force 2 and Land Warrior, I used to spend days working on just one map to play online with Land Warrior and Delta Force 2.

I'd love to make some kick ass maps for us to play on where maybe there are 5-6 helicopters per side and it is a huge free for all with nearly unlimited boundaries to roam around in.     Why should jets get to fly outside of a boundary zone when people can't walk outside that zone.

I honestly don't have a lot of interest in a ranked server, unless it was one of the package deal things where you get a 32player unranked server and also get a 16 player ranked server.

As far as server hosts.    Trinity Gaming has seemed to be a GOOD server no matter which one I have joined, they seem to not lag much even on 64 player maps but I have no idea how expensive they are.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 5:19:16 AM EDT
[#26]
im all for non ranked heli maps.   several heli's would be heaven for me

keeps us informed on those
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been talking to some hosting companies... I'm creating an excel file with all the info on who's got the best price, etc.

Lastnight a guy contacted me in regards to a post I made on a forum out there. He's offering 75 ranked slots deal for $150 a month. We decide how to split up the slots. Comes with webhosting, teamspeak server, and battle recorder. The downside... is that they charge a setup fee, and their hosting fee's look a little weird to me. I'm waiting on an email from the CEO of the company. We'll see what he says about hosting.

I am willing to manage the money and the server if we can find a good deal and people that are willing to help with the costs.

-d
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Something interesting when I was looking around on Trinity Gaming's website regarding BF2.

secure.trinitygames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=151

Interesting what they have to say.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got banned from windycitygamers. Apparently you can never attack an uncappable base unless you are being fired upon by AA. When playing Gulf of Oman, I'm use to it taking 3-4 times just to make it to your aircraft without getting killed, so I thought it was the norm.

I was in a mig and they had one flag left and it was surrounded by friendlies, so I head over to their carrier (Gulf of Oman) to drop off a couple of bombs, kill an admin guy and got banned. No warning, nothing. Oh well...
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been emailing back and forth with some server providers. One deal sounded really sweet...$150 for 75 ranked slots. But after emailing him and some of his clients, I've found that he charges $100 setup fee, and $50 a month if you pay month to month. Oh.. and the box only has 512 mb of ram.. so we can pay a one time fee of $95 to upgrade it to a 1 gig. That is $300 the first month and $200 thereafter... I told him unless he drops the monthly billing charge and the setup fee, he won't be getting our business. The only thing that is good about his servers is that you can run multiple game servers on it, website, and ftp.

So... on to the next guy... 48 slots for $190/month, no setup fees, remote control for server, ranked. They also offer a 64 person for $240/month and 32 person for $140/month.

Those are the best deals that I've come to find so far. A lot of you have said you would be willing to kick in some dollars to rent one of these. Currently on the tracker it is showing 88 people as "part" of this clan. While I've only seen at any given time maybe 10 of us playing at one time. I'd like it if we could get enough of a response to help pay for this thing so that everyone's share would be small.

PM me or reply here if you'd be willing to pay $10-15 a month to get a server for us.

-d
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd flip for 15 a month.

That's a reasonable fee for any "pay to play" persistent online game like World of Warcraft or Everquest.

Only I actually play BF2 a lot more.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:11:43 AM EDT
[#32]
i'll put in 15-20
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm in for $20-$25 a month.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#34]
I could probably squeeze 10-15 out somewhere.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I can see renting a small unranked Team server for matches, scrims, stunting, or trying out other BF2 mods./maps Gives us more control over the whole thing.

Sustaining our own ranked server would be easy at first, but as time drags on.. I'd hate for someone to get stuck carrying more of the financial load of sustaining the server over the long run or killing it all together.

For a Ranked server, there is close to two thousand ranked server. There are a lot of large empty ranked servers out there. What I would do, is try to find one that we can share.

Ask the owner if you can be an Admin or two for a small monthly fee to offset his monthly fees. Someone may bite. Then we can change maps and boot off the jerks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I can see renting a small unranked Team server for matches, scrims, stunting, or trying out other BF2 mods./maps Gives us more control over the whole thing.

Sustaining our own ranked server would be easy at first, but as time drags on.. I'd hate for someone to get stuck carrying more of the financial load of sustaining the server over the long run or killing it all together.

For a Ranked server, there is close to two thousand ranked server. There are a lot of large empty ranked servers out there. What I would do, is try to find one that we can share.

Ask the owner if you can be an Admin or two for a small monthly fee to offset his monthly fees. Someone may bite. Then we can change maps and boot off the jerks.

Good Idea... I'm off all next week. I'll do some emailing and see what I can do.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I've given up on the idea.. not enough interest in it.

-d
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#38]
32 player ranked.... $128 month. not bad?

www.seemeplayme.com/battlefield2/bf2ranked.aspx
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:30:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
But only maybe 15 of those actually come on the TS server and play with us.

whats the IP?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But only maybe 15 of those actually come on the TS server and play with us.

whats the IP?

link
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#41]
if that see me play me server rental was any good i'd chip in a good piece for that but we'd have to see if they are laggy or not
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm looking into a 20-30 player ranked slot at artofwar.com.

If I can get full maps for 20-30 player slots I might sign up and you guys can just pitch
in what you can. Looks like I can rent month to month so I won't be stuck long term if
it's not working out.

I'll keep ya updated.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#43]
cool!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Picked up a 32 player ranked server from Art of War this afternoon.

[AR15] ARFCOM RANKED SERVER is the name until we can think of something else.

I'll let you guys know the IP address as soon as I get the information pack in an email.
The server is in Dallas so hopefully we will have a good ping for both coasts.

If anyone knows anything about running a BF2 server, I'm sure I'll have some questions.
I know the software can be found here. www.bf2cc.com
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow that was nice of you.

I would like to help, but I have pretty much stoped using PayPal and unlinked it to my checking account. If I get any credits from selling stuff on eBay, I'll make sure of sending some your way to help out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I'll let you guys know the IP address as soon as I get the information pack in an email.

If anyone knows anything about running a BF2 server, I'm sure I'll have some questions.

How about "Black Rifle Sickness" for a server name?

But anyhow, give me your address in a PM and I'll send you some cash to help out, 15-20 bucks to help offset the cost.

One small little request, we gotta find out how to remove the stupid censorship shit.     God that drives me nuts, especially the other day for getting kicked after using the word "cock" when I typed to somebody that I was shot out of the cockpit of the attack chopper.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Several of us gave the server a test drive last night.  I had to head out early but I'm sure someone can give a range report.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about "Black Rifle Sickness" for a server name?

But anyhow, give me your address in a PM and I'll send you some cash to help out, 15-20 bucks to help offset the cost.

One small little request, we gotta find out how to remove the stupid censorship shit.     God that drives me nuts, especially the other day for getting kicked after using the word "cock" when I typed to somebody that I was shot out of the cockpit of the attack chopper.

I already turned it off.

-d
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Tagged for IP info.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Tagged for IP info.

He updated his post on the front page.

Quoted:
I.P.    72.36.157.161
port: 16567 (DEFAULT)

Enjoy!

Contact myself, Dizza or Redhorse if there are any problems.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top