Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 4:23:34 PM EDT
The more the merrier.     Having TeamSpeak is a huge help if for the only reason as helping time the explosives or plan the events to unfold.

Anyone who's interested, make a post in here saying as much.

We'll get server information up as we get closer to doing it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the server info, it's up as of 9:00 PST

Gonna see what we can play with settings wise.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Doing some tweaks right now to get server size right, server could be going up and down for a bit..........
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, we got the server set so that friendly fire is off which is perfect for blowing the hell out of eachother in vehicles.

Have the large maps in rotation so we can explore the map and do all sorts of nonsense.

But it looks like everything took place after everyone's bed time.    Would really be cool if we could get upwards of 8-10 people together to play around on the server one of these nights.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of things do you want to do, not that screwing around isn't reason enough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread only begins to show what kind of things we do while screwing around.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=119&t=396324

The more people you get the better.     Then you can do things like coordinating the launching of vehicles, like driving two vehicles over a giant mountain of C4 at once to accelerate them both off over the wild blue horizon.

Other things, practicing flying whether it be in support of teammates on the ground during the silly stunts or just practicing things to help make you a better flier.    I've flown helicopters through some areas that you'd never think a helicopter could make it through thanks to being on stunt servers and simply trying things out.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
server is still up and 3 of us are in there

edit, 4:10 pst, 5 of us in the server
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Spent about 2 hours today being total jackasses.

Videos being uploaded as we speak, dizza may grab some of them and edit/compress them so they are easier to view.

Was using FRAPS to take the video and the files are quite largish.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#9]
here's the video link, pretty large at 59-60megs.

We're gonna see what we can do to compress these and edit others together.

www.digitallives.com/uglygun/BF2%202005-10-06%2016-03-35-32.avi

Earlier in the evening we got a buggy up on top of that roof to the side of the Humvee we launched in the above video.

We did it on our first try and I was still monkeying around with the video capture settings.     You get to see the buggy take off from the mount as it's rocketing to the roof top but you don't get to see the landing.     Once we were on top of the roof we tried to launch the buggy to the tops of the large oil tanks over to the side.     Have the video proving we got it up on the roof, timing sucked on launching the buggy though so we wound up splatting it against the side of the oil tank.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't even open that file. Tried playing it in WMP, and then saved it and can't play it in VLC, Vegas Video or anything else. What codec does it use?

-d
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
That is really strange, on my PC it shows as an AVI and as for what codec it uses, I have no clue.    FRAPS might have some documentation on it though...

www.fraps.com/faq.php#videocap

Looks like FRAPS has it's own codec that installs with the program, at the bottom of the above link.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Well that bites.. Guess I'll download it and see if I can edit it in Vegas

-d
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]
boom

Redone... think it came to 8 megs.   5 megs

*cough*checkthefolderforsomethingelseyoumightwant*cough*

-d
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I have FRAPS already, think it's the same version as what's on the file.

But for those who don't have FRAPS yet and need the codec to view the file, download and install the small program there.    It's useful for using on games to show your FPS in game so it has function/utility other than simply playing the videos we are putting up.

Will try to deal with the other files next and get them up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top