Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 10:30:14 PM EDT
I recently re-loaded up my games onto my PC and have been playing AA and RB6 3 online this past day I've had off. There is one thing I've noticed about both games: they are filled with people who just continuously lob frags (especially in CQB maps). I mean, over buildings, though doorways, windows, and sometimes across the map (in games with 203's), these things land everywhere. Also, I can't tell you how many Hostage Rescue missions have ended early by this nonsense. Now don't get me wrong, I am not against people using grenades appropriately. But when both teams switch to grenades at the start of each round and roll the dice with each other by lobbing these things until the other team is gone or they run out of grenades, well, that just irritates me. After all, these are first person shooters . . .

I work hard and when I get some precious game time (it really is a favorite past time of mine) I don't want it to be ruined by some 10 year old in Massachusetts while he sucks on a Hi-C.  I know it's just a game, but dang it, when I sit down to have some fun, I wanna have some fun!

What say ye? Are you a fragger?

Update:  I bought SWAT 4 today, joined a multiplayer game, and guess what class of warrior I found . . . Fraggers!  Well, OK, not Fraggers per se. Frags arent in this game; but there are several types of grenades. Flashbangs, CS gas, and some kinda 'nade that blasts out rubber balls and disorients you.  I kept running into people who camped out at our spawn and they would bounce grenades around the corner for a while and then rush in and shoot up the whole room. Smart? Yes. Fun for me? No!  What makes things worse is the fact that it is announced to everyone when the fallen players respawn.

It's not like this is getting the best of me. I am just a little annoyed. I have a full time job and am preparing for the Army, so I like to actually enjoy the things I normally enjoy when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I like to shoot but I can't cast desparaging comments towards those taking advantage of technology. If I had a shit load of frags and in a REAL combat zone I'd probably chuck em' too.

Check 6
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Get over it.

Maybe you would be able to deal with it better if you actually had skill
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get over it.

Maybe you would be able to deal with it better if you actually had skill

You're gonna have to do better. My buttons aren't that sensitive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You sound like my friend when we play Halo.

He won't play against me unless we turn off the radar and only use shotguns.

Why even play the game if you don't enjoy a major part of it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You sound like my friend when we play Halo.

He won't play against me unless we turn off the radar and only use shotguns.

Why even play the game if you don't enjoy a major part of it?

Well, I'm not as bad as your friend. I don't mind playing with skilled players at all. In fact, I prefer it. And I don't really think the constant grenade throwing is a legit "part" of the game.  I mean, is it even fun to just sit there and throw grenades - maybe hitting someone, maybe not? It takes little skill and lots of luck.  For those looking to play a game of chance, I recommend online slot machines.  I think it's much more fun to employ tactics, get that "Oh, I wonder if some one's around this corner" feeling, worry about snipers, and actually face people with reflexes.

Also, when I play with a group that knows the ropes, we just stay at the starting point until the explosions stop.  In other words, we just have to wait a few more minutes until we really start the game.  How am I supposed to enjoy that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like to shoot but I can't cast desparaging comments towards those taking advantage of technology. If I had a shit load of frags and in a REAL combat zone I'd probably chuck em' too.

Check 6

Even in a room full of hostages/civilians? Even with your teammates around the corner? Like I said, I don't at all mind the tasteful use of grenades, but when you're just playing Russian Roulette it sort of cheapens the experience. After all, it's supposed to be FUN. It's not like you get prizes for the most kills or anything. I think if you use a bit of your free time to play some games , you should at least have some fun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top