Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:50:39 PM EDT
Just wondering if anybody here plays AA? Its pretty impressive for a free game. The most realistic I've ever played, also I noticed it has less cheaters and a more mature crowd then alot of other FPS.

"frag out!"hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
That was sooooo last year!!!!

Yea, very good game, especially for the price.

Ah, quite a few of used to play it, most have now moved onto other FPS. A lot of us former AA players seem to be playing BF2 now.

I may go back and check it again AA... some day...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to play it, Ranger qualified and all that jazz, I'll pick it back up again when the next version comes out.

I stopped because my team started using AA's graphics engine for some of our toys, so I'm used to being able to drive around and the like. I just cant stand the older graphics and lack of vehicles in the public version, and my coworkers modified it so we're incompatible with the beta version currently used for testing. I can "play" all I want, against my coworkers or AI opponents, that gets old after a while.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I still play it,just about every night.I am also a Beta tester for AA I played BF2 for a bit,big waste of 50 bucks IMO..Same old EA crap,they release a patch that fucks the game up even more,then they say un-install the patch...I hate Electrnic Arts,they are the Liberal Fucktards of the game publishing business.

IMO there is no better realistic FPS than AA.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I was fully Q'd in everything.. became pretty lame after a while.....that and I procured a good paying full time job, now I don't have the time or desire to play.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good download site? Link?

TRG

www.americasarmy.com/downloads/

Full version American Army ver 2.4 (855 MB) download links ==> bottom right
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I used to play it, Ranger qualified and all that jazz, I'll pick it back up again when the next version comes out.

I stopped because my team started using AA's graphics engine for some of our toys, so I'm used to being able to drive around and the like. I just cant stand the older graphics and lack of vehicles in the public version, and my coworkers modified it so we're incompatible with the beta version currently used for testing. I can "play" all I want, against my coworkers or AI opponents, that gets old after a while.

Kharn

Wait.. what did they do with the source?

-d
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just wondering if anybody here plays AA? Its pretty impressive for a free game. The most realistic I've ever played, also I noticed it has less cheaters and a more mature crowd then alot of other FPS.

"frag out!"

Are you crazy? It has MORE cheaters than you know. More than most games I've played.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"frag out!"

Are you crazy? It has MORE cheaters than you know. More than most games I've played.

Counter-Strike / Counter-Strike : Source probably has more cheaters than AA.

And I just got into AA a few days ago.  Most realistic FPS I've seen.  I pretty much suck at it right now.  I'm MUCH better at CS:S.  But I'll get the hang of AA.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
-d

We added weapon systems and features for the Army's internal use.
If you get in to AUSA in DC next month, I'll be there in one of the booths showing the latest new toys we've included, but I'm not sure what I can say before then.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-d

We added weapon systems and features for the Army's internal use.
If you get in to AUSA in DC next month, I'll be there in one of the booths showing the latest new toys we've included, but I'm not sure what I can say before then.

Kharn

Ahh, so you guys modded the game for the Army's actual use of the game engine for its own soldiers?

-d
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"frag out!"

CS:Source or any variant of CS has the most cheaters hands down. Thus the reason I have only played it once, and swore it off.

-d
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I think its more just teenagers with no lifes out side of school and whatever there game of choice is.
more so then cheaters ive seen guys at lan games that know the maps so well its scary,
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:54:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ahh, so you guys modded the game for the Army's actual use of the game engine for its own soldiers?

-d

Correct.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"frag out!"

CS:Source or any variant of CS has the most cheaters hands down. Thus the reason I have only played it once, and swore it off.

-d

+1 its a retard magnet, just like how Delta Force was.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I love AA.  Unfortunetly my college has blocked us from playing games online.    I'll have to wait till I get home.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I love AA.  Unfortunetly my college has blocked us from playing games online.    I'll have to wait till I get home.  

I'd find a new college to go to :)

-d
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey I got kicked off the ar15 clan. Can somebody get me back in. I still have my [ar15] tag on my name.

I got a new laptop..I am ready
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top